joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a look at the ski cams this morning and WOW. I saw birds and bugs on the camera. I feel so sorry for the owners. Can't imagine going to the slopes and seeing virtually no snow or artificial snow in the middle of December. From the cam's it looks like a nice picnic day.

Lol yeah 60s and 70s for much of the past two months are ruining ski season.

I do like our chances of seeing some snow Friday and Friday night along the boarder countys. Not much at all but may make it fill festival. Also lol at the 12z gfs. It's showing some snow Christmas morning along the boarder countries also. I know it will change at 200 hours out but funny.

The border countries?  Mexico or Canada?  :P

Just messin' with ya, Met.

The border countries? Mexico or Canada? :P

Just messin' with ya, Met.

Lol yeah more likely the SW in the USA currently. I thought I had changed that. Oh well all I can do is enjoy this weather. The kid's love it because we can go play outside longer and not be in the house so much. That is nice for this time if the year.

What an awful month for us snow/winter lovers. It doesn't even feel like Christmas right now. I can hardly remember years where I didn't at least see snow flurries in part of the mountains by now. Long range models don't look any better for January than they did for December. Just awful. 

What an awful month for us snow/winter lovers. It doesn't even feel like Christmas right now. I can hardly remember years where I didn't at least see snow flurries in part of the mountains by now. Long range models don't look any better for January than they did for December. Just awful.

We have had a dusting but that's it. This pattern sucks for sure.

Lol you can say that again. I do like the moisture starting to bank up along the boarder counties. Should start seeing some snow falling in a couple of hours.

Yep moisture stream is there, lets hope we can sustain 20kt winds for the duration above 700mb and hope we get the lift necessary to push that moisture to the snow growth level. Fingers crossed everyone sees a few flakes today..

Rode up roan mtn yesterday around 2p.m light snow temp 18 wind was rippin wind chill was in the single digits if not below zero by 2:30 the road had a dusting the trees were full of rime ice. As a snow lover it helped my addiction. I know us mtn folk are used to the action starting in late Oct. But I'm faithful we'll have a pattern change soon.

Archived