Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea cold shot def. over lol. 

In other news, it appears that after our major warm up this week, we won't be so torchy for the rest of winter.

Still only managed 46.6 today, so it still feels a little like Christmas I guess. That feeling will go away quickly this coming week I'm afraid. Looks pretty soggy as well.

NWS calling for 4 to 6 inches of rain for the southern Apps with 2 to 4 elsewhere in the next 24 hours. That'll cap off a pretty wet year here.

Oh yeah especially a very wet fall. This weather is pathetic. At this point let's just make a run at no snow the whole season so we can say that happened that year. We really have had some sucktastic winters since 2010/2011 season. I'm getting pretty fed up with the crap.

Looking at the radar this morning, something didn't materialize like they thought. Rainfall totals were also lowered. Still looks to wet and damp all the way through Christmas.

We're leaving on Saturday for our winter vacation in the Caribbean for a couple of weeks. Usually it's a nice change from the cold and snow. This year it's been hard for me to even get excited about it. Strange.

Looking at the radar this morning, something didn't materialize like they thought. Rainfall totals were also lowered. Still looks to wet and damp all the way through Christmas.

We're leaving on Saturday for our winter vacation in the Caribbean for a couple of weeks. Usually it's a nice change from the cold and snow. This year it's been hard for me to even get excited about it. Strange.

Lol yeah we are living in a mild climate like rain forest. Have a great time Joe!

Think about it though, when you come back, there's gonna be snow on the ground. I fully believe in that. for now. Safe travels!

Think about it though, when you come back, there's gonna be snow on the ground. I fully believe in that. for now. Safe travels!

Thanks Ash, According to my forecast I might get some before I leave! Christmas Magic ? Somebody's been in the eggnog!

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Showers before 3am, then rain likely, mainly after 4am. Patchy fog before 3am. Low around 56. South wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Thursday
Rain showers before noon, then a slight chance of snow between noon and 1pm, then rain showers after 1pm. Some thunder is also possible. Patchy fog before 11am. High near 68. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Thursday Night
Rain likely, possibly mixed with snow showers before 8pm, then rain showers. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 57. South wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Christmas Day
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 3pm, then a chance of showers. High near 67. South wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Things are getting very bad here in Haywood. The rain is relentless. Lots of river and streams flooding across roads.[/quotehttp://www.wlos.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/State-of-Emergency-Declared-in-Macon-County--245158.shtml#.VnwwUfkrKUk

same up here in Ashe and the radar doesn't look good. Anyways, doesn't look like much in the way of snow in the near future. but t least it looks like the snow guns on the ski slopes might have some action soon thank goodness.

Tornado warning for Rutherford and McDowell Counties a few minutes ago; hope everyone down that way is OK.

In Rutherford here. It was off to my west by about 20 miles. Rotation only with no touch down to my knowledge! More in the bat cave no to cedar creek area in my county.

Crazy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived