Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but where are all the flowers?? Oh wait, it's November...lol. Guys, it looks pitiful right now, but it will change. I am fine with a crappy pattern right now, if it means a good winter. Did anyone see the 06z GFS from this morning. It showed a mtn snow event next Tuesday.

Lol yeah its a bit frustrating at the moment but looking at the euro at least for the first part of December things really don't look that bad. Some cool downs and warm ups. It's frustrating to see a third December in a row go warm though. Tis the season. Yeah hopefully everything flips in January.

I can't believe we're saying "hope it flips in January" already. Might be epic, who knows. The way the pattern is , give me just one juicy gulf storm that times up with some cold dropping 30 inches and I'd be satisfied. Not too much to ask for is it ?

Lol I hear ya Joe! Ah I guess it's a bit frustrating seeing we have been in this crappy pattern since October. Might as well ride it out. What bothers me is that we new we could get cold down this way last year because November was very cold then we warmed up then finally took until February to get some good snowfall. Still did not hit average last year. This year has been a nightmare not really seeing any good cold on this side of the state's. We shall see.

Good for this year. 

- Lot's of moisture

- So far, forecasts for the winter have been pretty accurate

- I got to go skiing before Thanksgiving, even though no natural snow has fallen.( at least if it gets a little colder, the ski slopes will be nice). 

Bad for this year

- Like last year(although the scenarios are different) we are in a wait and hopefully something good will happen stage. 

- No cold air. Brad P. made a little graph on the evening news (this pissed me off actually, just for the fact that it hasn't been cold), that if all the rain in charlotte was snow, it would amount to over 80 inches. But guess what, it's rain lol.

Good for this year.

- Lot's of moisture

- So far, forecasts for the winter have been pretty accurate

- I got to go skiing before Thanksgiving, even though no natural snow has fallen.( at least if it gets a little colder, the ski slopes will be nice).

Bad for this year

- Like last year(although the scenarios are different) we are in a wait and hopefully something good will happen stage.

- No cold air. Brad P. made a little graph on the evening news (this pissed me off actually, just for the fact that it hasn't been cold), that if all the rain in charlotte was snow, it would amount to over 80 inches. But guess what, it's rain lol.

Lol good analysis. Yeah I hate wait and see mode.

Archived