joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
9/30-10/5 Joaquin-Trough Interaction-MODELS

Rjay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went from a ton of rain to bascially nothing. These models suck.

Yup, so much for the drought buster. The PRE on Friday doesn't look that impressive. As Lee Goldberg said yesterday, the heavier rain will fall south of the city. Maybe we get a half inch to three quarters of an inch up here. Then with the hurricane likely missing, that's about it. I was pleased to get 1.35" the other night. Finally a good soaking, but not nearly enough to bust the drought. I was looking forward to a LOT more this weekend. This is pretty frustrating. 

explain?

This area has not had a cold/snowy winter following a landfalling hurricane in the summer/fall in quite a long time.  Its likely just coincidence more than anything but 54-55, 61-62, 85-86, 91-92, 11-12, and 12-13 were all pretty inactive winters and all followed landfalling hurricanes in the summer or fall.  1944-45 though is an exception.

Yup, so much for the drought buster. The PRE on Friday doesn't look that impressive. As Lee Goldberg said yesterday, the heavier rain will fall south of the city. Maybe we get a half inch to three quarters of an inch up here. Then with the hurricane likely missing, that's about it. I was pleased to get 1.35" the other night. Finally a good soaking, but not nearly enough to bust the drought. I was looking forward to a LOT more this weekend. This is pretty frustrating. 

models getting drier in that dept...it's possible we get a shutout on add'l rain.   Especially the further north and west one is.

This area has not had a cold/snowy winter following a landfalling hurricane in the summer/fall in quite a long time.  Its likely just coincidence more than anything but 54-55, 61-62, 85-86, 91-92, 11-12, and 12-13 were all pretty inactive winters and all followed landfalling hurricanes in the summer or fall.  1944-45 though is an exception.

Interesting stat.

I'm sure most remember the Post sandy October snowstorm... I think I received about 10" of wet snow with leaves still on the trees, power was out almost 2 days... Didn't see a single flake till February later that season and even then it was only a couple inches

U mean post-Irene?

I'm sure most remember the Post sandy October snowstorm... I think I received about 10" of wet snow with leaves still on the trees, power was out almost 2 days... Didn't see a single flake till February later that season and even then it was only a couple inches

Blizzard of '13 saved us out here (30 inches) but you are right, the 11/7/12 storm was the biggest for many as was the post Irene storm of 10/29/11

Archived