joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ghosts, Ghouls, Pumpkins, Autumn Chill?: October 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, september was warmest on record for the park... don't know if anyone mentioned it

https://www.facebook.com/NWSNewYorkNY/photos/a.188187191210604.50415.177148895647767/1143204512375529/?type=3&theater

I think bluewave did. It was hot for sure. I for one am happy to see the hot weather go. This year has truly been incredible for weather extremes. I would assume the most anomalous of any year on record

I think bluewave did. It was hot for sure. I for one am happy to see the hot weather go. This year has truly been incredible for weather extremes. I would assume the most anomalous of any year on record

People would have laughed at anyone that forecast last December that NYC would see the coldest February since 1934

followed by the warmest May through September on record. The only other event that somewhat reminded

me of this was near record cold December 1989 flipping so mild for January and February. After the Thanksgiving

snow and 3rd coldest December, I was expecting a repeat of 76-77. I just couldn't believe it when January

and February finished near the record warmest.

The weekends cool shot is basically an anomaly in what will likely be another AN month.

Cold air is vaporized by mid next week and we'll be well above normal with several days in the 70s if the gfs is correct.

It actually makes the cold shot stand out more when you consider how warm it was before, and most likely how much it will warm up after.

Over next 15 days, the  850's vary by -9 to +16 or 25C and the 500mb THK varies by 500m, 572-522.   Both are good for a total potential difference at the 2M of about 45 degs.     So 35 degs and 80 degs are both possible over the next 15 days.   I expect this to be reduced to closer  to just 30-35 deg difference over period however.

And that got vaporized with ease. 

The first 5 days of the month where at or below Normal at knyc, the next 5 where above normal. Only one torch day that was +11 and the coldest -9 for two days. Obviously it hasn't be way below or way above (example September)…the month can go either way right now as its +1.5 at Knyc. Day 10 on a few afternoon 12z models have hinted at another cold shot.

The first 5 days of the month where at or below Normal at knyc, the next 5 where above normal. Only one torch day that was +11 and the coldest -9 for two days. Obviously it hasn't be way below or way above (example September)…the month can go either way right now as its +1.5 at Knyc. Day 10 on a few afternoon 12z models have hinted at another cold shot.

EWR , JFK and  LGA are  .05 above , this all gets erased by Monday , so the 1st 20 days in many spots will be at or BN .

EWR , JFK and  LGA are  .05 above , this all gets erased by Monday , so the 1st 20 days in many spots will be at or BN .

I was just using KNYC as that seems to be the debating point getting closer to the colder months. Ewr will radiate better now at night then Knyc going forward. 

If people think Mild spells and 70's are over you should think again

Archived