• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ghosts, Ghouls, Pumpkins, Autumn Chill?: October 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

Still not much in the way of nice foliage out my way. Mostly browning and then dropping. A lot dropped last week the few days it was on the windy side. I wished the foliage season lasted longer. I go from peak to bare trees in like 10 days.

Not that great here either-a lot of brown and yellow and quick drops of those that have changed.  Not much red either-too dry for too long this year IMO

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a lot of elevation on me. I live in a valley.

Even here the colors are just alright, definitely no where near peak just yet. The reds are just meh, they're mostly maroon colored If anything. The predominant colors are yellows, and every once in awhile some really nice oranges. I'm guessing peak won't be for another couple weeks.

Even here the colors are just alright, definitely no where near peak just yet. The reds are just meh, they're mostly maroon colored If anything. The predominant colors are yellows, and every once in awhile some really nice oranges. I'm guessing peak won't be for another couple weeks.

How much rain have you seen since the last week of September? I think that likely has a role in the differences we're noting. I've had about 5" of rain since the last few days of September, which is probably aiding in allowing colors to be more vibrant around here.

How much rain have you seen since the last week of September? I think that likely has a role in the differences we're noting. I've had about 5" of rain since the last few days of September, which is probably aiding in allowing colors to be more vibrant around here.

Since the last week of September I've had about 4 inches of rain. I agree though, that could be part of the difference.

Dude aren't you neighbors with Isentropic? I wouldn't think there would be much difference in climate/elevation/latitude from both locales

Dude aren't you neighbors with Isentropic? I wouldn't think there would be much difference in climate/elevation/latitude from both locales

We live about 8 miles from eachother maybe, different counties actually. Not sure of his exact elevation, but I'm thinking I am a little bit higher.

If NYC can fall below 40 degrees before 10/20, then it would only be the third time since 2005.

First readings below 40 in NYC since 2005:

11/3/14

11/3/13

10/13/12

10/27/11

10/25/10

10/19/09

10/28/08

10/29/07

10/27/06

10/26/05

Was a beautiful mid winter look  that would be @ 500  ecmwf-ens_z500a_namer_6.png

It sure would. I like how the Euro can spot the ridge over the West Coast week 4, but it takes longer for it to see the Eastern trough.

freebies provided by Fox 12.

http://www.kptv.com/link/492613/fox-12-weather-blog

attachicon.gif500za_week4_bg_na2.png

attachicon.gif500za_week1_bg_na.png

I don`t even look on the East coast  . I look at the EP trough /PN ridge position on the Euro , when I see the NEG in the GOA and the ridge extend to the N  like that I take the washed out downstream trough look and just go with a deeper reflection on the EC.

The Euro will tend to wash the trough out with that EPO/PNA look in the L/R. 

Archived