Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sept 24-Oct 1stish SE Sig Rain event

downeastnc

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it continues to rain until 10 PM or so, it will basically have been raining (with a few breaks) for about 72 consecutive hours.

It had barely rained all month until Thursday, so I guess we're making up for lost time.

Already passed 72 hours here.  We started around 5 PM on Thursday night.  I just hit 3.70 inches storm total.  This system has been incredible!  A continual, slow, steady rainfall that has soaked into the ground rather than running off.  Exactly what the parched earth has needed here.

Already passed 72 hours here. We started around 5 PM on Thursday night. I just hit 3.70 inches storm total. This system has been incredible! A continual, slow, steady rainfall that has soaked into the ground rather than running off. Exactly what the parched earth has needed here.

Agreed, big difference with the soaking nature of the rains we have gotten. Slow and steady

Already passed 72 hours here.  We started around 5 PM on Thursday night.  I just hit 3.70 inches storm total.  This system has been incredible!  A continual, slow, steady rainfall that has soaked into the ground rather than running off.  Exactly what the parched earth has needed here.

It would be nice if we could get a long-duration snowfall like this! :D  :weenie:

Absoloutely Solak: I;ve been below 70 degrees since Thursday which was the last time I've seen the sun, stars or what have you. The asphalt hasn't even dried out not one time since then, still getting mist drizzle this a.m.

Same here.  No celestial beings viewing has occurred in Hickory either since Thursday.  I don't believe I'll see the sun again until Friday.  Light drizzle continuing here, as well.  I have measured greater than one inch of rainfall on each of the last three days:  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Just an amazing, and much-needed, event!

Can't resist:

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...
AS OF 327 AM MONDAY...

UNCERTAINTY IN THE FORECAST IS ABOUT AS HIGH AS CAN BE ADVERTISED
FROM MID WEEK INTO THE WEEKEND. THE OPERATIONAL MODELS CONTINUE TO
SHOW PLENTY OF SPREAD AND EVEN THE ENSEMBLE MEANS ARE CONFLICTING ON
THE PLACEMENT OF THE IMPORTANT WEATHER PRODUCING SYSTEMS. THE MAIN
WEATHER HAZARDS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO A LOW END HEAVY RAIN THREAT...
BUT SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL MAY BE MORE OF A HELP TO CURRENT DROUGHT
STATUS THAN IT WOULD BE A THREAT FOR FLOODING. THE QPF MID TO LATE
WEEK IS THE MAIN QUESTION AS ABOUT 30 PERCENT OF THE MODELS INDICATE
THE HEAVIEST RAIN INLAND WITH OVERRUNNING RAINS AGAIN THU NIGHT INTO
SATURDAY... WHICH 70 PERCENT OF THE MODELS SUPPORT THE HEAVY SWATH
OF QPF ALONG OR JUST OFF THE MID-ATLANTIC COAST.

ONE THING SEEMS TO BE MORE CERTAIN SHOULD BE THE COOLER TEMPERATURES
AGAIN AS ANOTHER STRONG SURFACE HIGH IS EXPECTED TO BUILD SOUTH INTO
NC/SC THURSDAY INTO THE WEEKEND. THIS OCCURS AS A TROUGH ALOFT AND
LINGERING LOW LEVEL BOUNDARY CONTINUE TO BE FORECAST BY MOST MODELS
TO BRING A CONTINUATION OF THE UNSETTLED PATTERN THAT BEGAN LATE
LAST WEEK. A RETURN TO A PROLONGED NE FLOW... CONSIDERABLE
CLOUDINESS... AND POSSIBLY SIGNIFICANT RAIN IS EXPECTED THU-SAT.

Don't let Brick read the long term AFD from Raleigh. Sounds like next weekend is gonna be an exact repeat of this past weekend. "The Big Wet" is on if the forecast goes as planned coming on top of the past 3 days. wow!

GSP saying the same!

They don't seem real excited about the Tuesday / Wednesday event. Seems there was mention of gulf T storms robbing moisture , will hear about that all winter! I'd say an inch is possible imby, but that may be overestimating !

Another morning where the radar showed little precip, but alot of rain had fallen. Very interesting how the rain seems to evade the radar. 

It's been mostly a drizzle for the most part around Lexington, SC with heavier drops mixed in.  Definitely enough to soak everything with empty radar since the droplets are so small maybe?

Archived