joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So learning about Jet streams, according to this book, there are three which is the polar Jet, Arctic Jet , and the Subtropical Jet. It says the Arctic Jet is has the lowest latitude and is the warmest of the three and the Subtropical Jet has the highest altitude of the three and the coldest temperatures. Is that right? I thought it was the other way around. Also sleet doesn't exist in the Airforce.

So learning about Jet streams, according to this book, there are three which is the polar Jet, Arctic Jet , and the Subtropical Jet. It says the Arctic Jet is has the lowest latitude and is the warmest of the three and the Subtropical Jet has the highest altitude of the three and the coldest temperatures. Is that right? I thought it was the other way around. Also sleet doesn't exist in the Airforce.

Ice pellets:

Ice pellets is the operative term in the standard internationalicon1.png system for weathericon1.png observations known by its acronym, METAR (Meteorological Terminal Air Reports).

Hardly nothing over this way. Had a few good down pours at the house yesterday but it didn't add up to much. I thing RDU had around 2/10".

Yesterday wasn't too much here, either; just around a quarter of an inch.  However, the day before we had almost 1.75" of rain and it looks like more rain could be on the way.  It is the wettest month in over two years and there's still over 10 days left in the month.

cool man!

Anybody got any tips on posting pics!? All of a sudden, everytinme I try to post a pic, it say" cannot upload file" have not done anything different???

is it a 301 file error....I was getting it all of a sudden, I clicked on where it says try basic loader at bottom and it went back right for me anyways. Happened after I went to windows 10

Anybody got any tips on posting pics!? All of a sudden, everytinme I try to post a pic, it say" cannot upload file" have not done anything different???

1. Tinypic.com

2. Upload photo

3. Copy and paste link to the 'Image' button. (The one below the smiley face)

Lol are the chances of me getting wintry precip here higher than Waycross?? It was an ice storm here in January 2014 which was the day we were supposed to get one as well, but instead was 33 and rain.

Yes! 1 chance in 100000000000000, but yes , still a chance! How long are you going to be in MS? When you get stationed somewhere, are you going to want it to be a cold and snowy place, if you have a choice???

Yes! 1 chance in 100000000000000, but yes , still a chance! How long are you going to be in MS? When you get stationed somewhere, are you going to want it to be a cold and snowy place, if you have a choice???

I'm here till March 17,2016. My top 2 base choices were Offut AFB in Nebraska and Scott AFB in Illinois. I want cold and snowy! They're probably going to give me freaking Arizona or Hawaii or some other place with boring weather. You have to make the best of it wherever you go though.

I'm here till March 17,2016. My top 2 base choices were Offut AFB in Nebraska and Scott AFB in Illinois. I want cold and snowy! They're probably going to give me freaking Arizona or Hawaii or some other place with boring weather. You have to make the best of it wherever you go though.

and instead they put you in Biloxi ? That's even worse than Waycross !

Hope this winter is a blockbuster because the weather has been pretty boring since March. I don't mind boring in Fall when the weather is nice, but it gets old when it is just hot and muggy unless I am at the beach. There hasn't even been much plain rain to complain about lately, but would be more fun to have storms to.follow than plain rain or just hot and muggy.

Lol are the chances of me getting wintry precip here higher than Waycross?? It was an ice storm here in January 2014 which was the day we were supposed to get one as well, but instead was 33 and rain.

I would think that with you being further south and lower in elevation your chances would be even lower in biloxi

Hope this winter is a blockbuster because the weather has been pretty boring since March. I don't mind boring in Fall when the weather is nice, but it gets old when it is just hot and muggy unless I am at the beach. There hasn't even been much plain rain to complain about lately, but would be more fun to have storms to.follow than plain rain or just hot and muggy.

I agree that summer is horribly boring unless there are thunderstorms every afternoon, which doesn't happen very often

Archived