joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I survived Hugo... I'll take it like a man *puts helmet on*. The center of Hugo went literally over MBY, I remember going out in the eye and seeing the stars til round 2 started.

Me too! Do you still have a t shirt that says " I survived Hugo"!? I remember them being everywhere about a couple of weeks later. I don't wish death or destruction on anyone, but I really hope we get to start an obs thread!!

I'm staying over here where I belong... some people take comments too seriously. It's weather, not the meaning of life. I make a loose comment about the Bermuda high and the low in the gulf being something that happened when Hugo was approaching and people seem to think I meant it was a direct comparison storm to storm.

I'm staying over here where I belong... some people take comments too seriously. It's weather, not the meaning of life. I make a loose comment about the Bermuda high and the low in the gulf being something that happened when Hugo was approaching and people seem to think I meant it was a direct comparison storm to storm.

I saw that. That thread is a dumpster fire.

Weather is some serious sh*t. Not sure what it is, but weather brings out the bat-sh*t crazy in people. 

No, a couple of the leaves are yellowish red. It is the same tree that always turns the first. Would the dry conditions make them turn faster?

Yes. If it's a severe enough drought, like weeks and weeks with no rain and heat, they can drop all their leaves. It's a defense mechanism , if they don't have moisture , they can't get the food they need from the leaves, so they drop. In mild drought, they could change early, but some trees start early anyway like poplars, crepe myrtles

Archived