joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically said GFS sux at hurricanes lol.

That's a good point ! Both models have sucked big time, all winter and summer! GFS and Euro and everybody is excited about every new run, just like winter storm model watching! GFS and Euro can't get a 2-3 day forecast right, so we are talking about each run of a model for a possible threat 5-9 days away !? I guess there is nothing else going on, but tomorrow , the models could show this thing hitting Bermuda with tomorrow's model runs!

http://graphical.wea...icWeek.php#tabs  

I'll make this easy, how about today?

CAE: 97F

ATL: 84F

Difference of 13 degrees.

10<13<15

I borrowed your link.  Thanks, it was very helpful.   :)

Congrats, but that's the morning update or observed. The fcsts from yesterday when you made your claim was 6 degrees.  6<10<15

Congrats, but that's the morning update or observed. The fcsts from yesterday when you made your claim was 6 degrees.  6<10<15

I know, and you're right, but I have lived in both cities to long to know how it plays out every single time.  I wish I was shocked it was 97 degrees here, but I wasn't.  When you look at a map of the observed highs in the southeast today, it really is astounding the effect the southern appalachians have on the weather here.   

I know, and you're right, but I have lived in both cities to long to know how it plays out every single time.  I wish I was shocked it was 97 degrees here, but I wasn't.  When you look at a map of the observed highs in the southeast today, it really is astounding the effect the southern appalachians have on the weather here.

You're right, this area can be one of the trickiest areas to fcst for. It only takes subtle changes in various fields to make relatively big impacts on the sensible weather. I've been here 12 years and I still get fooled more than I like.

Its great so far. I love tech school. We get every other Friday off to ourselves. Its just like college life. It just sucks to wake up so early at 3-4am. Then class is a mile away and we have to march all the way there in formation. We are drenched in sweat about time we arrive there, and the building is cold as ever. Class is fun though.

Real talk though, congrats dude. Hopefully in 3-4 years you'll have your degree and be schooling us. Fun to watch. 

Yeah for the most part. I'm still in the AF reserves going for my 20. I have 3 years left. Long story but I started out active duty Navy...then Navy reserves. Then the past 8 years AF reserves. I'm an IMA reservist, which means I plug into active duty units for my drills and annual tours. I have no reserve unit. There are pros and cons to that. Anyway...yes I enjoy the work I do with the AF and the folks are highly professional in the weather field. I've been assigned to Shaw, Langley, and now Pope doing Army support. All highly different missions, but I've gained a lot from each.

How do you like tech school? I never went. I was waived since I had a degree and was working in operational meteorology.

Very cool Isohume! If I did not have a family I would have joined the military.

Its great so far. I love tech school. We get every other Friday off to ourselves. Its just like college life. It just sucks to wake up so early at 3-4am. Then class is a mile away and we have to march all the way there in formation. We are drenched in sweat about time we arrive there, and the building is cold as ever. Class is fun though.

Again congrats man!

Im not that surprised actually. It seems that The area from downtown Columbia to KCAE always seems to get hotter than surrounding areas. Not sure if its local geography, heat island or something else or multiple factors. MBY was in the low 90s yesterday at most.

Just watched the 1st person video of the shooter.  Crazy dude.  He pointed the gun at her for a few seconds and then put it away.  The three didn't see it at all until he pulled it out again and started shooting.

I like the GFS track of Erika! :weight_lift:

gfs_apcpn_seus_40.png

That video is surreal. No one even reacted to him being there or even when he had the gun until he started shooting. 

Its unfortunate since this will only give the white racist idiots motivation to retaliate.......dude sounds like he had a horrible victim complex and used his race and sexuality as a excuse as to why he couldn't form relationships and get along with people. This topic is probably best discussed in PR though.

Its unfortunate since this will only give the white racist idiots motivation to retaliate.......dude sounds like he had a horrible victim complex and used his race and sexuality as a excuse as to why he couldn't form relationships and get along with people. This topic is probably best discussed in PR though.

You are probably right. 

Archived