• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2015

mackerel_sky

Since we only talk about NC weather on here, we have a lot of available posters from which to choose our five. We'll have a deep bench too. You SC/GA boys have a lot to learn on Tobacco Road.

RC and I , just exude basketball greatness! It's probably for the best if we were not on the same team. Maybe we could be captains and pick teams!? If we were on the same team, it would be total domination and unfair to everyone else, kind of like the Olympic dream team! :)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RC and I , just exude basketball greatness! It's probably for the best if we were not on the same team. Maybe we could be captains and pick teams!? If we were on the same team, it would be total domination and unfair to everyone else, kind of like the Olympic dream team! :)

Truth. I say we shoot up teams. If we land on the same side, so be it. It'll be like what was described in one of the all time great rap songs: destruction, terror, and mayhem...!

First mention of snow?

Area forecast discussion
National Weather Service Raleigh NC

320 am EDT Monday Aug 10 2015

[CUT]

For Saturday through Sunday...the upper ridge becomes orientated light snow shower
NE from the desert SW into the Great Lakes while the l/west trough
maintains a presence along the eastern Seaboard. The surface high
weakens with time but continues to influence the sensible weather
over central NC as the low level flow will maintain a fairly mild
air mass for this time of year. Enough moisture may creep back into
sections of our coastal plain and Sandhill counties by Sunday to
spark an isolated shower or storm in the afternoon. The atmosphere
will undergo slight modification...leading to temperatures slightly above
normal by Sunday.

First mention of snow?

Area forecast discussion

National Weather Service Raleigh NC

320 am EDT Monday Aug 10 2015

[CUT]

For Saturday through Sunday...the upper ridge becomes orientated light snow shower

NE from the desert SW into the Great Lakes while the l/west trough

maintains a presence along the eastern Seaboard. The surface high

weakens with time but continues to influence the sensible weather

over central NC as the low level flow will maintain a fairly mild

air mass for this time of year. Enough moisture may creep back into

sections of our coastal plain and Sandhill counties by Sunday to

spark an isolated shower or storm in the afternoon. The atmosphere

will undergo slight modification...leading to temperatures slightly above

normal by Sunday.

:lmao:  :lol:

Who is Brick really???

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/08/10/michael-jordan-i-always-wanted-to-be-the-weatherman/

In all seriousness though I don't think MJ could possibly be that horrible of a poster. 

I was just going to post about that. Looks like basketball isn't the only think Jordan and I have in common.

Class was interesting lol. Some guy in there already has a degree in Meteorology and thinks Katrina hit in 2009 along with Gustav. Wth. Also I didn't know hurricane season started in October and ended in November.

We learned about Space weather today. Not sure why it was so hard for some people to under the Geomagnetic storm, magnetic field, ionosphere storm thing.

Class was interesting lol. Some guy in there already has a degree in Meteorology and thinks Katrina hit in 2009 along with Gustav. Wth. Also I didn't know hurricane season started in October and ended in November.

We learned about Space weather today. Not sure why it was so hard for some people to under the Geomagnetic storm, magnetic field, ionosphere storm thing.

What's hurricane season? :)

Maybe you will have guest speakers one day, JB and DT, they can explain SSW! :)

Really need the rain and clouds to get out of the way! The meteor shower is supposed to peak the next 2-3 days! I think the 12-13th is peak, and could see 100+ shooting stars an hour!

I think the rain should be gone before the meteor shower gets here. I may just stay up late one of those nights and check it out.

Archived