• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June Banter

mackerel_sky

Nice call by WxSouth (Robert) yesterday!

"WxSouth

17 hrs ·

A broken line of thunderstorms will continue pushing south through southern, middle Virginia and probably break up once entering central NC. The other , more developing line is in Tennessee, east to west and into southeast Kentucky---that line may hold together a few more hours and approach northern GA, AL and MS.

By tomorrow, leftover boundaries and other features will enhance thunderstorm chances in Miss, Alabama and Georgia to Florida Panhandle.

Then by Thursday, a strong MCC line will form in the Ohio Valley and that one has the potential to be very organized and downright dangerous. More on that as it becomes clearer."

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=ffc&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

I saw that someone posted in the 2015 severe weather thread that someone saw that someone posted in the banter thread that WxSouth said Thursday could be "dangerous.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice call by WxSouth (Robert) yesterday!

"WxSouth

17 hrs ·

A broken line of thunderstorms will continue pushing south through southern, middle Virginia and probably break up once entering central NC. The other , more developing line is in Tennessee, east to west and into southeast Kentucky---that line may hold together a few more hours and approach northern GA, AL and MS.

By tomorrow, leftover boundaries and other features will enhance thunderstorm chances in Miss, Alabama and Georgia to Florida Panhandle.

Then by Thursday, a strong MCC line will form in the Ohio Valley and that one has the potential to be very organized and downright dangerous. More on that as it becomes clearer."

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=ffc&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

What areas could see this dangerous weather?

How do you do that? Just wondering.

Highlight the picture or long post then press your delete button   ;)  

Soooo.....let me get this straight......someone heard, that someone heard someplace else about someone hearing that wxsouth may have said something about severe weather on Thursday?   I didn't hear this, but did read about it at another place where others may have heard it too  :P 

Soooo.....let me get this straight......someone heard, that someone heard someplace else about someone hearing that wxsouth may have said something about severe weather on Thursday?   I didn't hear this, but did read about it at another place where others may have heard it too   :P

I've heard of a "heard" mentality. 

Soooo.....let me get this straight......someone heard, that someone heard someplace else about someone hearing that wxsouth may have said something about severe weather on Thursday?   I didn't hear this, but did read about it at another place where others may have heard it too   :P

Thank you.  :)

i HEAR YA! :P

I think WXsouth is looking at the Ohio valley area for those severe storms tomorrow. The SPC has an enhanced risk out up there tomorrow. Those storms should not effect the southeast except maybe north and east of Raleigh.

Ummm no... two different storms.  Its not going to rain in Jonesville obviously, but short range models show this system getting together in the Eastern half of NC & SC.  Once again, your backyard won't get rain.  The way you make such bold statements, one would think you have a phenomenal forecasting track record, but that is hardly the case.

xokrpf.jpg

35kirrp.jpg

Fwiw, I recently bought at Best Buy an HP Pavilion 15-P214DX Notebook for $579.99. If you're a games player or do other things that are heavy on the graphics, this probably won't work as RAM is only 6 GB (though you can always add) and the graphics/video memory isn't dedicated. HD is 750 GB. It has a 5th generation i7 processor. They give you 15 days to try it to be able to get a full refund.

Larry thanks for the response. I'm not into gaming at all. Just the basics with downloading music.

Ground is really getting crunchy here. It reminds me a lot of summer 2007. And yet, according to the US Drought Monitor, i'm not even "abnormally dry". I guess I must be imagining things. It usually goes something like this. Early in the day 80% chance of rain, by about noon they lower it to 50%, then around 4pm it's around 20%. 

Man I love my Northstate wireless internet.  I can stream 4k movies without any wait for a buffer.  Life is good in my old age.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 331222 kbps (41402.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 25838 kbps (3229.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 0 ms

Man I love my Northstate internet.  I can stream 4k movies without any wait for a buffer.  Life is good in my old age.

Last Result:

Download Speed: [/size]331222 kbps (41402.8 KB/sec transfer rate)[/size]

Upload Speed: [/size]25838 kbps (3229.8 KB/sec transfer rate)[/size]

Latency: [/size]3 ms[/size]

Jitter: [/size]0 ms[/size]

Makes those "Full House" reruns worth the money, amirite?

Man I love my Northstate wireless internet.  I can stream 4k movies without any wait for a buffer.  Life is good in my old age.

Last Result:

Download Speed: 331222 kbps (41402.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 25838 kbps (3229.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 3 ms

Jitter: 0 ms

Your Jitterbug is apparently offline. :(

I think they should have put more of SC and GA in the abnormally dry cat. It's a guarantee we will be in it next week unless things change and I don't think they will. Much the the Carolinas and GA will be in severe or extreme drought by Sept 1 I think.

Apprently we have a 70-80% chance of rain the next 2 days but usually those do not pan out. It seems like every time there's a good chance of rain in the summer, it never happens. But yeah, I have a hard time believing that it is not at least abnormally dry since the grass is dead and crunchy.

Makes those "Full House" reruns worth the money, amirite?

I've got access to just about every movie and TV show ever made.  Quite a few come from Russian servers but HD is HD.  I asked my wife to name a TV show she thought wouldn't be there.  To her credit, she named the worst show in the history of TV.  From the good old 1960s, the unforgettable, My Mother the Car.   Did a search and the whole first, and thankfully only, season was right there ready to stream.  Watched the opening scene from the first episode just to confirm it was really there.  All the Disney movies from Dumbo to Frozen. Grandkids love it

Archived