• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June Banter

mackerel_sky

So, I caught the wife looking at the local forecast on The Weather Channel. She asked about the 60% chance we have for tomorrow. I checked NWS RAH.... 20%. No wonder the general public gets confused, then angry/upset, with so many disconnected forecasts out there.

Looking at forecasts in the summer is pointless. The only certainty is that it will be hot every day. When there's a 70% chance of rain here, 9 times out of 10 it will be dry. But when there's a 10% chance, there's a good chance it will rain.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Father's Day!

The days start getting shorter from here. :D

Happy father's day to all out their! As a son who my father left me for drugs and the bar life please cherish your children and never take a moment for granted with them. Being a good father will be such an inspiration to your kids and your family and those around you for the rest of your life. God bless all the father's out their! Have a great day!

Happy Fathers Day everybody. Best gift for myself is the thought of the shorter days coming; even thou we'll keep heating up for another month.

Another gift for would to get my Internet back up. This past Thursday we had a lightning strick and I've been out ever since. TWC won't send a technician until this Thursday. That's what I call bad service. Luckily I have my iPhone.

Whatever happened to heat lightning? I used to see it every summer when I was a kid but it has been forever since the last time I saw it.

I see it all the time here...mostly from storms down by/off the coast, since that's the only 'horizon' I have an open view of. (yeah, I know you're not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition) :D Often it also depends on what your own cloud cover is doing. I tend to see more of it if there's a high thin cirrus veil for the lightning to reflect on.

Archived