• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter

mackerel_sky

That elevation sure as heck didn't help the airport get any snow last winter did it ?

No, but that was because 850's were above 0C there. If the airport had been at, say, 3,000 feet, they very likely still wouldn't have had measurable snow.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That elevation sure as heck didn't help the airport get any snow last winter did it ? 

Surely you know how hard it is for anyone below 37N and 2,000' asl to get snow in winter. As a more extreme example, there are tropical climates at 7,000' that, while cooler than the lowlands, never see snow.

Sup everybody? just checking in, hope everybody is doing good!!! It's hot here near Mayberry!  Waiting on Fall/Winter.... We need to get up a golf meet, anybody want to come up? we'll go up to mountains (were it's cooler) and play some golf!!!  I'm going to Olde Mill Golf Club Saturday to play. Anyone ever played there? It's one of my favorites....  Check it out. 

http://oldemill.net/resort/golf/ 

I wouldn't call mid 90s two or three days out of the week a heatwave for here. That's typical in NC in June. 

86º is your normal for June.  95º in June is equivalent to 60º in January.  I'm pretty sure you would be calling 60º in January a torch.

Archived