• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

5.31" of rain for June and a temp departure of 0.0 - exactly normal. Going to be remembered as a fairly wet / cloudy June with little heat.

My mean max for June was only 1.4 degrees warmer than that for May. Shows what a torch May was.

6.22" rain here for month...with a high temp yesterday of 68 and today of 72(so far) running about a -0.5 degree temp departure...also noticed the small difference in the mean max temp with May, only a few tenths warmer here.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only got to 64 here...clearing never made it-feels like October

Out in Port Jefferson we did finally break clouds and get some splendid sunshine for about an hour.. Otherwise, a disaster of a weekend, a very mediocre month, and not the best prognosis going forward..

Frankly, the last 3 years have been mediocre for summer so I'm hoping something changes. It's just insane to have temps in low 60s last Sunday in June as we did today.

What a disaster of a weekend.. Sun never broke through up here

2.03" so far this weekend

I feel your pain ,came up to my summer home up here in liberty ny, for the summer last week , we had one beautiful day wednesday , then cloudy and showery thursday, not bad friday , but its been raining pretty much non stop since saturday midday. Got down to 48 with strong northeasterly winds saturday evening , felt like it was in the 30s. Today was a little better made it to 62 but raining or drizzling all day and still going. Tomorrow was going to be the one dry day , now looking at maybe some peeks of sun for the afternoon then its back into the rain. Terrible pattern for summer vacation in the catskills.

Heading to Europe tomorrow, just in time for a historic heatwave to arrive.  I'm going to be in Switzerland, but looks like temps of 35-40C could be widespread from France through Germany.  Where we will be is supposed to have highs approaching 30C, at an elevation of around 4,000-5,000ft.  Should be interesting.

Heading to Europe tomorrow, just in time for a historic heatwave to arrive. I'm going to be in Switzerland, but looks like temps of 35-40C could be widespread from France through Germany. Where we will be is supposed to have highs approaching 30C, at an elevation of around 4,000-5,000ft. Should be interesting.

Northern Europe/Western Europe has had a very cool summer so far with 850s below freezing dipping into the UK several times. Looks like a few hot days now especially for France and Germany...a cold front sweeps through the UK and western Spain/Potugal by Friday, but 850s are like 20C over the Continent for at least 5-6 days.

Northern Europe/Western Europe has had a very cool summer so far with 850s below freezing dipping into the UK several times. Looks like a few hot days now especially for France and Germany...a cold front sweeps through the UK and western Spain/Potugal by Friday, but 850s are like 20C over the Continent for at least 5-6 days.

Yea I was looking at the forecast from the Swiss Met office for one of the peaks near where we will be (Jungfraujoch), and even at like 3500m it is going to be in the mid 50s.  That's crazy.

Yea I was looking at the forecast from the Swiss Met office for one of the peaks near where we will be (Jungfraujoch), and even at like 3500m it is going to be in the mid 50s. That's crazy.

That's pretty intense but Germany, Poland and western Russia have had a lot of highs in the 50s and 60s this summer. In early June, the 850 freezing line got down into Germany, southern England, and southern Scandinavia several times....I guess it's time for warmth but it's unfortunate for the players at Wimbledon, which starts today. However, the heat shouldn't last as long in England as continental Europe.

Archived