joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parts of S central NJ picked up 3-4" so it's not unlikely.

Do the rains that have fallen so far necessarily have any bearing on rains to come?  Other than perhaps as an indication of available moisture?

The radar has a lot of filling-in to do.  I just feel like I've seen this story before, where somebody says the event is not over, we're going to see things explode, etc etc etc.

That being said I don't think I'm nearly as emotional as most of the board ( :) ) so if there's some scientific reason I should look for more precip I'm all ears.  I don't get married to my predictions or feelings.

Do the rains that have fallen so far necessarily have any bearing on rains to come?  Other than perhaps as an indication of available moisture?

The radar has a lot of filling-in to do.  I just feel like I've seen this story before, where somebody says the event is not over, we're going to see things explode, etc etc etc.

That being said I don't think I'm nearly as emotional as most of the board ( :) ) so if there's some scientific reason I should look for more precip I'm all ears.  I don't get married to my predictions or feelings.

There is a developing surface low pressure down in the Mid-Atlantic which is forecast to move North overnight. More activity should continue to fire North of that until the subsidence finally takes over once the low is over C NJ early tomorrow morning.

pchg.gif?1435459487310

Looks like most areas are going to underperform. I'm really getting sick of the terrible model performances.

Like I said before, people really like to buy into model predictions of convection, when convection is the most difficult aspect of any given meteorological event to predict and is usually overdone.  At a certain point you have to start taking into account that models basically never handle convection well.

Read it again: models do not handle convection very well.  Convective-based events are always poorly predicted.  Convection is far too dependent on discerete aspects of the environment and small-scale, short-term fluctuations of the surface and atmosphere.  And here you see it again.

Archived