• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

73F here in Westchester, third cool day in a row. NYC should finish below normal this month given the weekend rains (had departures of -9 and -8) followed by a cool airmass today behind the departing low...low was 63F and high should be 75-77F, about -4 departure. They were -0.1F cumulative going into today, and so they should be around -0.3F after today depending on how warm this afternoom gets. This leaves Tuesday and Wednesday...tomorrow looks around average, but Wednesday should be slightly above with forecast of 89/69..going to be close.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

73F here in Westchester, third cool day in a row. NYC should finish below normal this month given the weekend rains (had departures of -9 and -8) followed by a cool airmass today behind the departing low...low was 63F and high should be 75-77F, about -4 departure. They were -0.1F cumulative going into today, and so they should be around -0.3F after today depending on how warm this afternoom gets. This leaves Tuesday and Wednesday...tomorrow looks around average, but Wednesday should be slightly above with forecast of 89/69..going to be close.

Wednesday is July 1st ;)

Below normal month is pretty much a lock I think. 

With the strong breeze its actually sort of chilly in the city today. 

The Euro shifted way South for Friday which is great news. The next three days however should feature numerous storm chances and I wouldn't be prematurely declaring victory for the weekend either.

Cant see the eruo, but the GFS and Canadian are also south for Friday at least. 

That's pretty intense but Germany, Poland and western Russia have had a lot of highs in the 50s and 60s this summer. In early June, the 850 freezing line got down into Germany, southern England, and southern Scandinavia several times....I guess it's time for warmth but it's unfortunate for the players at Wimbledon, which starts today. However, the heat shouldn't last as long in England as continental Europe.

Yea they said that the British Isles and the Iberian peninsula might get some relief, but the open to Wimbledon was going to be warm.  Wunderground has highs in the mid 90s in London in a couple days.

That's crazy with the freezing line earlier this year, what a flip those places will be seeing.  I was checking out some snow-forcasting websites for the Alps, and they all had the freezing line there approaching 15,000ft by mid week.  There will be snow on the ground at the top, but it definitely will not be snowing.

Archived