CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Severe Threat 5/27-5/28 and heavy rain threat 5/30-6/1

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a way to skew a month....drought over for the short term

Wow, that sucks. This could've waited until tomorrow. Nothing here, luckily.

Under 1.00" months for NYC have been rare especially during the very rainy last decade.

Carrying .40" through 30 days is very impressive though.

Action was to my north this afternoon, now I'm in a sucker hole. Not a drop yet

Just picked up an inch of rain here in an incredibly short period of time, and it's still coming down in buckets. The rain is so heavy that the water is a quarter way into the road as it rushes towards the sewer.  A great sight after how dry it has been in recent weeks. 

Just picked up an inch of rain here in an incredibly short period of time, and it's still coming down in buckets. The rain is so heavy that the water is a quarter way into the road as it rushes towards the sewer. A great sight after how dry it has been in recent weeks.

Getting dumped on now..heavy rain

A huge, nearby thunderclap woke me from a nap when that severe band came through Clifton, NJ earlier.   It was an absolute deluge, with high winds and pea sized hail.  I drove over to my in-laws house for dinner a few minutes after the band passed and the local roads were rivers and ponds,  I was lucky I did not stall out in some of them.  

A huge, nearby thunderclap woke me from a nap when that severe band came through Clifton, NJ earlier.   It was an absolute deluge, with high winds and pea sized hail.  I drove over to my in-laws house for dinner a few minutes after the band passed and the local roads were rivers and ponds,  I was lucky I did not stall out in some of them.

Must have been the same one that woke my wife...she fell off the couch...up to 1.47" now.

Archived