joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Observation Thread

Solak

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a bit. I'm only slightly over 11" for the year. .58 for this month.

Wow. Man yall gave been very dry pretty much the whole year. The mountains do not help yall at all. Seems like more so this year weather systems have just stalled out at the mountains. Maybe it's just the pattern right now but the plains especially Texas just keep getting hammered.

Almost doubled uped our monthly totals last night with 0.61".  Total for the month now is 1.25".  Models are starting to come in drier now for the rest of the week (big surprise there).  Today, which was supposed to be our best chance, has been dialed back to chance pops.  Would be nice to pick up at least another half inch.  NAM has us with nothing thru 60 hours.

We had another afternoon with rain in the ATL area. With the last two weeks worth of frequent thunderstorm activity, I don't see any reason for Atlantans to complain about the need for more rain at least anytime soon.

Got .1 inches yesterday. Missed the flooding rain by about 10 miles. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Ended up with 0.34" yesterday eventhough I missed the storm.  A small pocket of what I guess was strataform rain hovered over me for about an hour.  A few miles east of me had multiple reports of wind damage and a few miles west of me had flooding.  Just glad I picked up a decent rain so I won't have to water for a couple days.

Archived