joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No rain today. Tired of this BS. Its was supposed to rain all last week and nothing and now this week is starting the same way. Look at that radar.

We're supposed to get it for the next week.  If I could ship it all to you I would.  My construction project has been nothing but a giant rain delay.

These models are useless that's for sure. And we will not get widespread rain in the Carolinas until we stop getting CAD. The same basic pattern we have had since Christmas keeps marching right on.

Here's something to trust in; 12z GFS at day 15:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F12%2Fgfs_namer_360_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=12&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&fhr=360&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150413+12+UTC&ps=model&use_mins=no&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

I can really pick the day for getting a new roof on my house.  Something tells me there might be a delay.

Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. High near 72. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

The ridge is to strong once again, and the main storm track will follow the stationary front to the west.  Its been happening all spring, and we end up with north easterly winds cooling us down and making us more stable.

Yep until we get rid of this CAD crap it will stay fairly dry over most of NC and SC.

Some of these local mets just baffle me.  Ben Tanner on WIS just showed his animated forecast for tomorrow and there was literally no rain, just clouds.  Then on one forecast page he shows 80% chance of rain tomorrow, and on the 7 day he shows 70% tomorrow.  I can't even handle it.  

What I did find interesting is the week long precipitation model is down to .6" for Columbia.  You could literally get.1-.15 a day and end up with that.

Some of these local mets just baffle me.  Ben Tanner on WIS just showed his animated forecast for tomorrow and there was literally no rain, just clouds.  Then on one forecast page he shows 80% chance of rain tomorrow, and on the 7 day he shows 70% tomorrow.  I can't even handle it.  

What I did find interesting is the week long precipitation model is down to .6" for Columbia.  You could literally get.1-.15 a day and end up with that.

His animated map will probably be right. And the .60 for the week may be too high. We HAVE to get rid of the CAD pattern we are in to get rain in the Carolinas and that isnt happening anytime soon.

His animated map will probably be right. And the .60 for the week may be too high. We HAVE to get rid of the CAD pattern we are in to get rain in the Carolinas and that isnt happening anytime soon.

Im guessing the problem is the front was supposed to head back north and east, but the CAD is preventing that. We NEED that SW flow from the gulf to bring appreciable rains to the Carolinas and Georgia.

Funny that Wxsouth is really hyping the next 10 days being so soggy. His forecast is looking really shaky at the moment.

Im guessing the problem is the front was supposed to head back north and east, but the CAD is preventing that. We NEED that SW flow from the gulf to bring appreciable rains to the Carolinas and Georgia.

Funny that Wxsouth is really hyping the next 10 days being so soggy. His forecast is looking really shaky at the moment.

Kind of like alot of his winter storm forecasts! :(

Last I heard today was rain all day, I've picked up .006 from all the deluges!

Seems like FL wet season has an early start? Afternoon SB rain/storms with day 3 underway.

Sure seems like that. Today would be day four assuming we get anyway rain with collison of the ECSB and WCSB. Really looking at it the next week or better will have a chance of pop up storms.

Well the GSP weather office canceled the flood watch as I knew they would and are now saying isolated showers at best. They had no business issuing that watch anyway, despite what the models were showing. They need to forecast by using only the radar until the models ever improve. The models may be decent on temps, but are useless on precip right now.

Well the GSP weather office canceled the flood watch as I knew they would and are now saying isolated showers at best. They had no business issuing that watch anyway, despite what the models were showing. They need to forecast by using only the radar until the models ever improve. The models may be decent on temps, but are useless on precip right now.

I think they use the radar method to predict snow, but that doesn't work out too well either! :(

What does it take to get A solid 2-3 inch widespread rain event around here? Hopefully not a tropical storm or hurricane remnant, cause this year is going to be a dud Atlantic hurricane season!

Archived