joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife has a valid point... she was going through the DirecTV guide for tonight and came across The Weather Channel's "Tornado Alley". She highlighted it, and called me out into where she was, saying "Hey Tom, look at this".  The onscreen caption said "Real Time Moore". Documentary, Weather. (2014)

With her memory loss, I had to remind her that it was about the terrible tornado they had. She said ..."Keep reading". Next line said..............

Entertainment.

Really???????????

Got to give her credit for picking up on those subtleties even I might have overlooked.

It's raining here.. again.

So far so good here. Overcast but no rain. They have already finished removing the old shingles and felt and have completely installed the new felt and have started putting on the new shingles.  While they were at it, they also cleaned the nasty gutters and pulled down several dead branches caught in my maple trees.  Good mornings work for three skinny little guys.  

So far so good here. Overcast but no rain. They have already finished removing the old shingles and felt and have completely installed the new felt and have started putting on the new shingles. While they were at it, they also cleaned the nasty gutters and pulled down several dead branches caught in my maple trees. Good mornings work for three skinny little guys.

Lol no one cares.

Cabelas with a HUGE opening in Garner yesterday!

Also found out that Bojangle's is launching an IPO sometime this year. I am all in on that deal baby!

Bo's outside the Triangle is better. They have more stuff on the menu. I wish the Bo's here had the roasted buffalo bites and would keep the cheddar Bo on the menu permanently.

Lmao just because it has more stuff on the menu doesn't mean its better tasting. Quality over Quantity.

I can't believe this , but I agree with you! They can take that cheddar bo, and stick it up their boberry! I don't want to pay 3$ for a grilled cheese! And I can't believe how much difference there can be between two different restaurants of the same chain, in food quality and selection ! Captain D's FTW !

how does it compare to bass pro shops or Field & Stream?

Haven't been in Field & Stream. It is similar to BPS, though. Cabelas seems to have more taxidermy-type displays and it seems a bit more mountain lodgey, if that makes sense. BPS has a fishing lure room and Cabelas has a high end gun room. They also have a few tractors, which I don't recall seeing at BPS. Other than that, the merchandise seems to be pretty comparable. I didn't get a chance to really look much at prices, but the few things that did catch my eye made me think they are pretty proud of their inventory. I'm looking forward to going back when I have more time to spend and don't have a 10 year old griping at me about going to the toy store.

Haven't been in Field & Stream. It is similar to BPS, though. Cabelas seems to have more taxidermy-type displays and it seems a bit more mountain lodgey, if that makes sense. BPS has a fishing lure room and Cabelas has a high end gun room. They also have a few tractors, which I don't recall seeing at BPS. Other than that, the merchandise seems to be pretty comparable. I didn't get a chance to really look much at prices, but the few things that did catch my eye made me think they are pretty proud of their inventory. I'm looking forward to going back when I have more time to spend and don't have a 10 year old griping at me about going to the toy store.

Garner beat out Mebane for this Cabelas. I find it odd that Cabelas chose this location with a BPS in north Cary, F&S off 55 in Durham/Cary and Campworld a few miles up 70. There's even a Gander somewhere in RDU as well.

Garner beat out Mebane for this Cabelas. I find it odd that Cabelas chose this location with a BPS in north Cary, F&S off 55 in Durham/Cary and Campworld a few miles up 70. There's even a Gander somewhere in RDU as well.

Don't worry.  This is NC.  Most will think Cabelas is a store for Mexican Cowboys.

Archived