joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does North Carolina do better than any other state? And what are we the worst at?

Thrillist.com recently released a list of what every U.S. state is best at. The Tar Heel state ranks No. 1 when it comes to production of sweet potatoes, according to the list.

“North Carolina’s biggest exports are sweet potatoes, hogs, and college basketball teams that make people want to punch them in the face,” according to the blog.

The data was based on information provided by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

What does North Carolina do better than any other state? And what are we the worst at?

Thrillist.com recently released a list of what every U.S. state is best at. The Tar Heel state ranks No. 1 when it comes to production of sweet potatoes, according to the list.

“North Carolina’s biggest exports are sweet potatoes, hogs, and college basketball teams that make people want to punch them in the face,” according to the blog.

The data was based on information provided by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

I thought our biggest export is people fleeing the high income tax in this state?

Jbuns, you should move to SC! We have a 1% discount on sales tax, if over 85 years old, so your in by along shot! That may be a federal thing too!?

No way. If I move out of state all my retirement is subject to that state's taxes.  A 7% hit on total income to get a 1% discount on sales tax?  I don't need to call Calculus to know that one's a loser.

wow... TWC actually mentioned Waycross by name and showed it on radar.

waycross.png

Dude you missed it earlier when we were under the tornado warning. They came back on air to talk about it.

We didn't see shti in my backyard today. Everything either weakened as it passed over us or missed us to the east and west. Not once did it actually pour down rain in my backyard. Oh well there's tomorrow! The tornado warning did make things interesting for a while.

Dude you missed it earlier when we were under the tornado warning. They came back on air to talk about it.

We didn't see shti in my backyard today. Everything either weakened as it passed over us or missed us to the east and west. Not once did it actually pour down rain in my backyard. Oh well there's tomorrow! The tornado warning did make things interesting for a while.

Ya... I just turned it on for a few minutes to see if they actually were showing storm coverage.

What's up, guys? Pretty boring spring so far, no severe action here to speak of yet. Could change later this afternoon, though.

I did go fishing on 3/29 at a place called Cripple Creek in Rural Retreat, VA (just west of Wytheville if you're familiar with that area) and caught a few monster rainbow trout. (Pic below -- sorry about the dirt, I was in the process of getting those big SOBs to the truck through a 1/2 mile field)

Air temp was 14 degrees at 7:00am that morning (would've been 25+ degrees cooler two days on either side of 3/29) and had snowed the day before (albeit lightly) so needless to say, standing in that water, regardless of how many layers you had on, was rough. Had to knock ice out of the eyes of the rod after each cast. Had a blast, though.

Hope everyone's doing well!

post-3087-0-75077500-1429551327_thumb.jp

Archived