• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

metalicwx366

Hey Cold Rain... is the Cabelas you're talking about the new one going up in Garner on 70 across from White Oak Crossing? Understand there's also going to be a 5 Boys hamburger joint in the same location.

As an aside, we're getting a Fireman's Sub shop here in Clayton! It's supposed to open April 24th.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Cold Rain... is the Cabelas you're talking about the new one going up in Garner on 70 across from White Oak Crossing? Understand there's also going to be a 5 Boys hamburger joint in the same location.

As an aside, we're getting a Fireman's Sub shop here in Clayton! It's supposed to open April 24th.

We have a Bass Amatuer Shops opening soon! About 20 minutes from my house, with lots of other retail and eatery type shops! Can't wait! Hands down, bps is way better in selection and price , compared to Cabelas!

Yeah man, that's the one! Firehouse subs is awesome. Get the Engineer...fully involved.

Do you like anything new? You got flip phones, like old weather channels, and old movies.

I wish I had a bag phone as well as a rotary dial landline phone. I wonder if Metal even knows what I mean by rotary dial. Those were both the bomb! But getting our first touch-tone when I was a kid was very exciting. It was WAY faster to call someone than on rotary dial! It certainly helped when trying to be the so and so caller to win a radio contest! I bet Burns goes back before the invention of the rotary dial phone.

All movies made after 1995 should be banned...well, with the exceptions of "Dumb and Dumber To" , "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", "Elf", "Borat", and "The Dictator".

I wish I had a bag phone as well as a rotary dial landline phone. I wonder if Metal even knows what I mean by rotary dial. Those were both the bomb! But getting our first touch-tone when I was a kid was very exciting. It was WAY faster to call someone than on rotary dial! It certainly helped when trying to be the so and so caller to win a radio contest! I bet Burns goes back before the invention of the rotary dial phone.

All movies made after 1995 should be banned...well, with the exceptions of "Dumb and Dumber To" , "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", "Elf", "Borat", and "The Dictator".

We found an old orange push button desk phone in storage last week.

I wish I had a bag phone as well as a rotary dial landline phone. I wonder if Metal even knows what I mean by rotary dial. Those were both the bomb! But getting our first touch-tone when I was a kid was very exciting. It was WAY faster to call someone than on rotary dial! It certainly helped when trying to be the so and so caller to win a radio contest! I bet Burns goes back before the invention of the rotary dial phone.

I think Napolean Dynamite, was a sleeper that you left off the movie list! :)

Not quite.  My home phone prefix was "Parkway" though. Before the days when they went to all numbers.  Parkway 8-3980.

Of course I have kept up with the times.  I rock a Yamaha WX-5 wind controller, Galaxy Note 4 for my phone, Moto 360 for my watch, 3 Macbook Pros, 2 iPads, 1Gb WiFi, Sonos sound throughout the house, etc, etc.  

Now you one the other hand, in addition to not liking any post 95 movies, sit on the porch strumming a banjo, a sundial is your watch, Windows 3.1 on your 286 computer, no "wee-fee" as you call it, and a transistor radio is your sound system.  

But yeah, I'm old.  :)

Now you one the other hand, in addition to not liking any post 95 movies, sit on the porch strumming a banjo, a sundial is your watch, Windows 3.1 on your 286 computer, no "wee-fee" as you call it, and a transistor radio is your sound system.  

But yeah, I'm old.  :)

I wish I had the 286! Also, I'm strictly an IBM DOS person. Mice? I don't need no stinkin' mice. My PC is the fantastic 16 MHZ IBM PS/1, which came originally with 2 MHZ of memory but I expanded it to a whole 6 MHZ! That extra RAM has made a big difference. It came with Prodigy (aka *P) software preloaded. The wx BB on *P was actually my first exposure to the wx hobbyist community way back in 1992.

Archived