joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who wins augusta this year? looks like tee times are very important where you want afternoon Thursday and morning on Friday looking at the weather. 

Don't overlook Brian Harman. Also, I hope Fred Couples has another good tourney. He hasn't missed a cut since 2009 though he has tended to fall back in late rounds. I'd also like to see two time winner Langer have a good tourney like he did last year.

Don't overlook Brian Harman. Also, I hope Fred Couples has another good tourney. He hasn't missed a cut since 2009 though he has tended to fall back in late rounds. I'd also like to see two time winner Langer have a good tourney like he did last year.

I went down to Augusta and followed Fred on a practice round a few years back. He was a very funny guy.

Yep, that place has exploded over there. We go there all the time and that whole area is really growing.

Yeah, at least three times a month for me whenever I'm home from AVL. That place had really changed in the last several months I've been gone, but I'm looking forward visiting that place when I get home in May :)

Yeah, at least three times a month for me whenever I'm home from AVL. That place had really changed in the last several months I've been gone, but I'm looking forward visiting that place when I get home in May :)

I just found out tonight that they're putting in a BBQ joint and a Five Guys next to Cabelas. :)

I just found out tonight that they're putting in a BBQ joint and a Five Guys next to Cabelas. :)

Saw that! They're also adding Red Robin (loved that place growing up in Missouri), Longhorn, Carolina Ale House, and a major hotel. There are couple more announcements to come in NW corner of that intersection diagonal to White Oak to support Red Robin in that corner and there are many acres of undeveloped land left west of White Oak and on Timber Drive. I think Garner is trying to become Cary-like town and it's about time, too!

Farther south, there are major developments going on close to me at I-40/NC-42 exit in Johnston County (6 miles south of White Oak) but locals have no idea who's coming or if they're just clearing trees.

By eod Friday? Dinner at the next GTG. I hear rumours of the Angus Barn.

I know I said he wouldn't make the cut and I'll stick with that, but I saw him on an interview from yesterday and he says he is healthy and has found his swing and worked his azz off! He's also is going to participate in the par 3 tournament , which apparently , he rarely does. So his physical state may be back, but who knows about his mental state? He's getting old , so we will see!?

Still going with a Bubba Watson repeat!

I know I said he wouldn't make the cut and I'll stick with that, but I saw him on an interview from yesterday and he says he is healthy and has found his swing and worked his azz off! He's also is going to participate in the par 3 tournament , which apparently , he rarely does. So his physical state may be back, but who knows about his mental state? He's getting old , so we will see!?

Augusta is a course he likes and is usually good at. That's why I think he'll make it.

Saw that! They're also adding Red Robin (loved that place growing up in Missouri), Longhorn, Carolina Ale House, and a major hotel. There are couple more announcements to come in NW corner of that intersection diagonal to White Oak to support Red Robin in that corner and there are many acres of undeveloped land left west of White Oak and on Timber Drive. I think Garner is trying to become Cary-like town and it's about time, too!

Farther south, there are major developments going on close to me at I-40/NC-42 exit in Johnston County (6 miles south of White Oak) but locals have no idea who's coming or if they're just clearing trees.

Yeah, I love all they've done at the 40/42 area. That's close to me too. We hit up that Cracker Barrel and Wal Mart all the time. There's a pretty good little Chinese place called China King over across from Cracker Barrel, behind the gas station. I hate that they closed the Pizza Inn. I loved that buffet.

Farther down 42, at the intersection of 42/50, there's a fantastic Italian place. It's called La Piazza. If you like Italian and haven't tried it, you won't be disappointed. Plus, they give you enough food to eat 3 meals off of!

Yeah, I love all they've done at the 40/42 area. That's close to me too. We hit up that Cracker Barrel and Wal Mart all the time. There's a pretty good little Chinese place called China King over across from Cracker Barrel, behind the gas station. I hate that they closed the Pizza Inn. I loved that buffet.

Farther down 42, at the intersection of 42/50, there's a fantastic Italian place. It's called La Piazza. If you like Italian and haven't tried it, you won't be disappointed. Plus, they give you enough food to eat 3 meals off of!

Lol at pizza inn! Chocolate chip pizza FTW !

I'm w you on Bubba. He is the "man". I don't think Tiger will win but I do think he is back to good form. As far as Tigers head,who knows? He looks like he's having fun and that's a dangerous Tiger. 

Tiger winning this weekend would be shades of Nicklaus 1986. That was amazing.

That's why the gauge is like 3-feet tall.  The extra-large funnel is offset by the greater-than-1-inch distances between the numbers on the side of the gauge where the width is relatively narrower than the opening of the funnel.  All this is done so that a person can read the gauge from a "mile" away.  (Or, so that those with poor eyesight can actually read it from a few feet away...)

Doh, you're right.  I didn't notice how long each inch was when I first looked at it.

Archived