Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 6th Annual SNE Lawn Thread - 2015

Damage In Tolland

Awesome property you got there MPM.

Looks good Michael. Impressive area you've got there

Thanks, guys.  We really do love it here.  I will say that when you look from a distance, you don't see much of it's many flaws!  :)

If I'm taking the year off, I think one of things I'll be tasked with is painting it.  I'm trying to find a site that allows you upload a picture of a house and change it's color to get a sense of what it might look like.  Anyone know of such  a thing?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for the first time since late May going to fire up sprinklers. No rain and torching sun for 11 days and counting now has begun to take it's toll. Lawns are burning in sun drenched area..and vegetation starting to droop like a saggy set. No rain thru Sunday= not good. It's really north Central and NE Ct that has been missed..so it's relatively localized 

Well for the first time since late May going to fire up sprinklers. No rain and torching sun for 11 days and counting now has begun to take it's toll. Lawns are burning in sun drenched area..and vegetation starting to droop like a saggy set. No rain thru Sunday= not good. It's really north Central and NE Ct that has been missed..so it's relatively localized 

fired mine up last night also for the 1st time since May. the newly established portion of my lawn over the  diffuser boxes for my Waste treatment system dries out quick .  wasn't home for the downpours last Wednesday ,where somehow the good stuff missed MBY.

No need for such a thing here.  About 1.25" in the last 10 days and meh temps have things growing nicely.  The higher dews certainly didn't hurt keeping the moisture in.

Nice digs MPM. Love the old barn look of the house.

Thanks, Scott.

I'd paint it white and keep the door color as is. If you want more interest, paint the window sashes (only) the same color as the door.

White is where we're leaning.  Not re if we'll do the windows.  For the time period, this house can go with or without shutters (so say the folks in Old Deerfield).  So, that's another consideration.

2nd year hydrangeas. From nearly nothing last year, to blooms collapsing the branches to the ground. Also put down an acidifier that brings out the color.

351D3156-1678-429F-ACA0-C3E6E84F5461.jpg

Looks good, Scott. Your (very) green grass looks like it could use a bit of mowing.  I'd like to do some mowing here today, but I don't think I'll get any drying of the light rains from earlier.

Looks good, Scott. Your (very) green grass looks like it could use a bit of mowing. I'd like to do some mowing here today, but I don't think I'll get any drying of the light rains from earlier.

8 days removed from mowing. I was away though. I've been doing it every two weeks. Longer grass has helped with shading it too.

On a side note, my neighbor got sod for his yard. He told the guy, "I want it green like his grass" pointing to my yard. I felt like a proud papa.

2nd year hydrangeas. From nearly nothing last year, to blooms collapsing the branches to the ground. Also put down an acidifier that brings out the color.

351D3156-1678-429F-ACA0-C3E6E84F5461.jpg

That's really a nice bed. My hydrangeas are getting wrecked by the deer. They eat pretty much everything in my beds. Hostas, cone flowers, you name, they eat it.

8 days removed from mowing. I was away though. I've been doing it every two weeks. Longer grass has helped with shading it too.

On a side note, my neighbor got sod for his yard. He told the guy, "I want it green like his grass" pointing to my yard. I felt like a proud papa.

That's an awesome compliment.  It really does look good.  The cool, wet summer has certainly has been the key for all the lush lawns and gardens.

On average it's been BN since June 1 with many areas actually above in precip. July has been drier though.

I don't have an average for my hood, but I suspect it'll come out near normal.  So far, I have 2.67 on the month with .86" in the past two weeks.  I figure there's a reasonably good chance of ending above 3".

Where has it been a cool and wet summer in the northeast?

On average it's been BN since June 1 with many areas actually above in precip. July has been drier though.

While not a hot summer(yet) i don't think anyone can honestly say or believe it's been a cool, wet summer. If someone said it's been fairly normal..ok

Last 60 days in majority of New England.  I'd say cool and wet.

post-238-0-74428400-1438000336_thumb.png

post-238-0-58130400-1438000391_thumb.png

Archived