joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2015 General disco

Geos

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took until April 4th to get the best snowfall rates of the winter. Just a wall of cotton-balls. Looks like about 0.8" in 15 minutes.

I had that March 29 and 30th, great rates and the largest flakes. Tonight I just had a short period of SN with good size flakes that left a dusting (trace or powdered coating) on most surfaces. Wind was unkind after the sun went in hiding.

Took until April 4th to get the best snowfall rates of the winter. Just a wall of cotton-balls. Looks like about 0.8" in 15 minutes.

Incredible flake size tonight (in Oakville for Easter). We picked up about 2.0" here and it's still snowing moderately. Definite +SN for a while.

Should make a good run at 70 today.  Grass is starting to green up and grow in a few areas.  Gonna have to change the oil in the ol' mower, sharpen the blades, change the plugs, etc here in the near future as we'll be mowing before you know it.  

Several days of thunderstorms in the forecast this week with mild night time lows.  Should really be greened up by next weekend.

Should make a good run at 70 today.  Grass is starting to green up and grow in a few areas.  Gonna have to change the oil in the ol' mower, sharpen the blades, change the plugs, etc here in the near future as we'll be mowing before you know it.  

Several days of thunderstorms in the forecast this week with mild night time lows.  Should really be greened up by next weekend.

That's what I just told the wife while driving through the country. With a week of several chances of rain and fairly mild temps, all of this brown will be green by a week from today.

WOW!

62°, breezy and mostly sunny here. Beautiful Easter Day.

Happy Easter to those celebrating it!

Grass has finally started greening up beyond patches.

Looks like a backdoor cold front is about the crash the party...

Awesome pics Bo.  Definitely don't seem to be too far from the lake there.  Were you worried about bears while you were out hiking?  I'd probably have taken something with me for a little added protection lol.

Have some nice looking elevated towers going up all over atm.  Best looking convective clouds I've seen since sometime last year.  Gonna be a stormy week.

Awesome pics Bo.  Definitely don't seem to be too far from the lake there.  Were you worried about bears while you were out hiking?  I'd probably have taken something with me for a little added protection lol.

Have some nice looking elevated towers going up all over atm.  Best looking convective clouds I've seen since sometime last year.  Gonna be a stormy week.

Those pics were taken around 2 miles from the coast and I'm about 7 miles inland.  Amazing the difference in snow from where I live around 22", and closer to the coast where it went anywhere from 6-12" and even zilch on the exposed rocks.  I carry  a ruger P-90 .45 with me at all times when I'm out in the woods (especially with the bear  waking up).  Definitely not recreational type woods.  I'm not too afraid of the wolves but I keep an eye out for the mountain lions... those scare me.

I still follow the weather down that way since my old stomping grounds are in N Indiana.  Have to say, a little jealous.  I love the storm season down that way.  Hope you get some great pics!

Those are awesome pictures Bo! Definitely the exposed bedrock of the Canadian shield there. 

Out of those three animals mentioned I'd be most concerned with Mountain Lions. You're least likely to hear them walking in the forest. 

Pretty much cloudy all day with temps in the 40s all day. Definitely not looking like a mild week anymore, except maybe Friday.

Those are awesome pictures Bo! Definitely the exposed bedrock of the Canadian shield there. 

Out of those three animals mentioned I'd be most concerned with Mountain Lions. You're least likely to hear them walking in the forest. 

Pretty much cloudy all day with temps in the 40s all day. Definitely not looking like a mild week anymore, except maybe Friday.

exactly, Geos. But the neighbor down from me I was talking to a couple weeks ago said he was snowshoeing a clearing and out of the corner of his eye he saw something move and noticed a wolf following him along the tree line. So he stopped, looked straight at it, it raised its head for a second and then darted into the woods deeper. Most of these wild animals try to avoid people for the biggest part, it's the surprise interaction that you have to worry about. Coming off a cold Winter and deep snow, animals are hungry and little braver this time of year. I'm always aware of that, and what's going on around me,even at my house when I'm out.

Freaking amazing pictures bo. You are blessed to live in that area.

yes

Yeah, Bo.  Beautiful country.  Sure beats Kosciusko County Indiana. but I must confess a bit too cold and snowy for me.

Does Beat Kos, and yes it's cold here and very snowy, but I absolutely love it and I'm a cold weather guy anyway. Just give me 2-3 months of something of a Summer and I'm happy. Then bring the snow!

Again tho, I sooo miss the stormy nights of Spring down that way.

haven't seen a good storm in 3 years

exactly, Geos. But the neighbor down from me I was talking to a couple weeks ago said he was snowshoeing a clearing and out of the corner of his eye he saw something move and noticed a wolf following him along the tree line. So he stopped, looked straight at it, it raised its head for a second and then darted into the woods deeper. Most of these wild animals try to avoid people for the biggest part, it's the surprise interaction that you have to worry about. Coming off a cold Winter and deep snow, animals are hungry and little braver this time of year. I'm always aware of that, and what's going on around me,even at my house when I'm out.

That would be a bit unnerving, having a wolf following you! 

Would be wary of those three animals for sure. Best thing to do is make some noise when you hike, so the chance of a surprise encounter is very low.

Looks like a good soaking is underway just to the north. Few sprinkles here a little while ago.

A chilly 37° currently.

Archived