joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2015 General disco

Geos

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That warm air sure looks nice down in the s part of the sub!  Temp up to 37 with a se wind off superior.... should see rising temps tonight with  a chance of rain and in the 50's tomorrow, then back to cold.  Snow pack is stubborn, down to 28-30" now.

Yes, it's very nice to live west/south of the Great Lakes in spring.  I don't think I could take the lingering cold due to the surrounding water.

also, one things as the storms start to unfold from STC to between BDH and LJF. there are some brush fire plumes that are showing up on the twin cities radar attm (the one between Green Isle/GYL to Rockford being the most prominent). so let's hope the dualpol can keep them separate from the storms as they develop and not create any artificial interactions.

83F. Just insane. Grass fires throughout the metro that Jim mentioned are being fanned by the 50mph winds. The dust from the dry winter is being blown around and is reducing visibilities near Minneapolis.

Storms unzipping from Sioux Falls to St Cloud. We need the rain big time.

tell me about it. but that plume from the grass fire SE of GYL is now reaching all the way up towards northern Anoka county and into Isanti County.

83F. Just insane. Grass fires throughout the metro that Jim mentioned are being fanned by the 50mph winds. The dust from the dry winter is being blown around and is reducing visibilities near Minneapolis.

Storms unzipping from Sioux Falls to St Cloud. We need the rain big time.

Our subforum is wacky. The Twin Cities and Frankthetank are in the low 80's while down here we had only the second 60° day of the year today (66°). We MIGHT see 70° tomorrow, but it's going to be close.

Record heat and 33 degrees above normal at the Twin Cities. (23 degrees above average for the day.)

MSP 5:00PM climate report:

TEMPERATURE (F)                                                        TODAY                                                                   MAXIMUM         83R   240 PM  82    1882  50     33       37           MINIMUM         43    543 AM   9    1975  31     12       20           AVERAGE         63                        40     23       29    

4 airplanes were diverted into La Crosse (i live near the airport) on their way to MSP because of the storms...i've seen this happen a few times before...its cool when bigger jets get sent here (we normally just get regional jets...rarely a 737 or a320)... we do get quite a few military jets coming in here due to what i imagine is runways that are normally empty (c130s/fighter jets) and get some chinooks, apaches, blachhawks every once in awhile.

Archived