• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Storm/Winter Depression.

Heisy

I was 14 at the time, freshman in high school. March 3-5 2001. First year of my life learning to look at the models & on weather boards. We know what happened. After that storm I suffered my first case of post-winter/storm depression. 

My name is Brett, I'm a weatherholic. 

You spring lovers make me sick. This thread is for all the snow/winter lovers who want to help each other cope with the end of winter. 

i definitely get the letdown after a snowstorm because it's a high.  i like being outdoors wearing a t-shirt, not 3 layers, not to mention short days, so snowstorms add a pick me up during winter.  when it's not snowing and it's cold, winter just isn't as fun.

I was 14 at the time, freshman in high school. March 3-5 2001. First year of my life learning to look at the models & on weather boards. We know what happened. After that storm I suffered my first case of post-winter/storm depression.

You spring lovers make me sick. This thread is for all the snow/winter lovers who want to help each other cope with the end of winter.

In all seriousness, learn to track severe storms set-ups. It helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've loved the last 19 days so much and having 2 solids in a row, I'm not sure anything can make me depressed. 20+ inches of snow, 2 ice events, non stop cold, lots of tracking and full coverage on the yard makes me giddy. I kinda ready to warm up and enjoy spring.

Agree on all points but I'll take one more event.

i definitely get the letdown after a snowstorm because it's a high. i like being outdoors wearing a t-shirt, not 3 layers, not to mention short days, so snowstorms add a pick me up during winter. when it's not snowing and it's cold, winter just isn't as fun.

I could have written the exact same thing and it would have been completely genuine. I'm 100% with you.

I'm kinda glad winter is over. Staying up until 1 for the euro and waking up at 6:30 for school is taking its toll. 

ETA: Will probably stay up for the 0z Euro at least until Mid-April, desperately hoping for one last snow.

I've loved the last 19 days so much and having 2 solids in a row, I'm not sure anything can make me depressed. 20+ inches of snow, 2 ice events, non stop cold, lots of tracking and full coverage on the yard makes me giddy. I kinda ready to warm up and enjoy spring.

Agree on all points but I'll take one more event.

^^This^^^ Always looking for just one more........

I'm ok with another event, if..............it's a much below normal cold.  If it's a 32 degree, night snow, with temps the next day of 40.......I hope it fails.

I, too, am ready for warmth.  A WinterWxLuvr can't enjoy winter weather like some can unless the temp is well below freezing.

I'm one of those that loves all snow....if it's just falling from the sky I love it. I moved here to get a few more inches of snow per year than where I used to live. The big storms are awesome...the mid size ones are awesome...the light ones are awesome...the non sticking ones are awesome...snow is snow...

This winters memory for me is the extended snowcover days...it has felt and looked like winter for weeks now...fabulous!!

Since moving to Leesburg I've experienced 3 spectacular winters an 89" a 65" and so far a 35" season including back to back 30"+

11/12 was really the only stinky stinky...a few other years had some horrid stretches but also featured a once in a lifetime event February 06 for an example.

I love winter...I love all seasons really but winter gets me excited the other seasons I simply enjoy...not 90 degree 70 dp weather though unless I'm on the beach..

Ok ....one more event!!!! Or two :)

The prospects for winter snow helps me get over the end of autumn and the T-day to Christmas holiday season.  Then it is the promise of fall that gets me through the spring and summer.  When I was young I looked forward to spring and summer as opportunities to get outside and play b-ball... hang-out, go to the pool.... Now that those things are mostly behind me, it's a struggle to make it through Mar - Aug.  I get by with the prospects of playing outdoors with my daughter, chasing and catching fireflies with her on June nights, being able to take her to the pool when I get the chance, the chance (like last summer) for a comfortable summer evening on the patio, July 4th festivities, and the opening of NFL camps which lets me know that IT is coming.... and then that grocery store trip where I see the first cases of Octoberfest in the cooler.... the locusts start to turn orange.....  I notice that the sun is not fully over the horizon when I leave for work in the morning....My entire being begins to buzz with excitement.... 

The worst part about this is that now we are really overdue for a string of mundane winters or even a blowtorch like 11-12... we're so far out ahead of long-term averages now...

On the other hand, we are kinda overdue for a good December at least. The last five have been terrible. Maybe we could get a front-loaded winter next year.

The worst part about this is that now we are really overdue for a string of mundane winters or even a blowtorch like 11-12... we're so far out ahead of long-term averages now...

On the other hand, we are kinda overdue for a good December at least. The last five have been terrible. Maybe we could get a front-loaded winter next year.

Surely to God, we are due for a nino and some blocking too. 

ETA

Last Dec ('13) was great out here.

Archived