Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Observations Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was flurries and snow showers after 12 and 38 per my brother at his house in franklin. I left at 9 this morning. It was pouring snow coming thru the park.

That's odd - Franklin, NC didn't get below 43 - official report and is currently pushing 50 and was close to 50 around noon and after.  Dewpoints in the mid 30's as well. 

Closing in on 1" of rain again.......this next batch of moderate rain should put us over, about 13.5" for the year IMBY which is a couple inches ahead of normal......standing water and full ditches have been the norm so far this year.

Quite a difference from here.  7.73" for the year.

Quite a day today. The temp dropped 15 degrees in 15 minutes earlier today going from 65 to 50. We picked up .52" so far giving us a monthly total of 3.22".

Side note: I took the dogs out for a walk after I got home from work. I thought I had enough time between showers but half way thru our 3 mile walk, the skies opened up again and we got soaked. We even had a lightning strike when we were almost home which not only surprised me but scared me too as it was very close to us.

That's odd - Franklin, NC didn't get below 43 - official report and is currently pushing 50 and was close to 50 around noon and after. Dewpoints in the mid 30's as well.

brother lives at a higher elevation than the airport. The airport is one of the lowest places in the county and probably the worst for a reporting station. It's consistently warmer in the day and colder in the mornings than most surrounding stations. I believe this is due to the fact that it's in a bowl surrounded by peaks of 4500 up to 5500. Check it out on Google earth.

brother lives at a higher elevation than the airport. The airport is one of the lowest places in the county and probably the worst for a reporting station. It's consistently warmer in the day and colder in the mornings than most surrounding stations. I believe this is due to the fact that it's in a bowl surrounded by peaks of 4500 up to 5500. Check it out on Google earth.

Seems legit

It seemed hard like hail, and was hitting the car pretty good. Guess it could have been graupel , but I think it was not soft enough. It was bouncing off the windshield instead of splatting on it. Could have been both , I guess!?

It was graupel.

53 and clear. Today's forecast was a disaster. We had a 100% of heavy thunderstorms. The ground didn't even get wet today.

Connected through Charlotte today at 1:30 and there was was quite a bit of snow still in the mountains of west NC.  When we got to the Roanoke area, I could not see any evidence of any snow in the mountains around here.  Ugly cold compared to the 95 in Scottsdale yesterday! 28 now...

Archived