joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Observations Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well so far this week less than .25" of rain and it was supposed to be several inches lol. Cloudy with drizzle and colder but this wet week has been a complete flop

Your in the Mariettawx rain hole ! You were never in the heavy axis of precip, the models never showed anything , except for TN and KY!

48 and light rain!

Haven't seen the sun for more than a few minutes this entire week, not a ton of rain, had some yesterday and some today.  Definitely a big bust on the 2 inches that had been modeled for days at the beginning of this week.  I was never in the axis of heaviest precip even in the beginning but I was still supposed to get some showers that never happened Monday - Wednesday.  All in all a pretty big bust for the NWS and all of the modeling we have as everything has been shunted west like 300 miles from where the models showed the biggest impacts through AL/TN now in reality appearing in LA and AR.  Pretty par for the course this year.  models being off with feature  by hundreds of miles until a day or so before the event.

I didn't realize we had heavy rain in the fcst.

Don't y'all give TWC their info for their local forecasts? Mine had .50 for last night and .50 for today. 1" is heavy to me, I've only received .16 of rain total for last night and today. Calling for .25 tonight , with thunder possible , lol! I don't know where they get their info from , but I hope not y'all!

Cause let me tell you about thunderstorms and the wedge, lol

Don't y'all give TWC their info for their local forecasts? Mine had .50 for last night and .50 for today. 1" is heavy to me, I've only received .16 of rain total for last night and today. Calling for .25 tonight , with thunder possible , lol! I don't know where they get their info from , but I hope not y'all!

:violin:

Ha no, TWC generates their own fcsts. We have about 0.35-0.85 for GSP over a 36-hr period beginning this morning and ending tomorrow night. Pretty light amounts and a broad range.

Archived