joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Observations Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a wild day temp wise today. Started out this morning at 36. Temp rose up to 58 by 11 am only to drop to 50 with the light rain that came thru around noon. When the sun came back out the temp rose to a high of 63. Currently it is 59, dew point of 48. We received a whooping .06" today. That brings our monthly total to 3.33". Yearly total is right at 14.00"

I just wanted to report that last Saturday 3/28, I observed snow falling and even accumulating a bit in the favored spots. I was on Lake Gaston, NC side near Littleton. Woke up Saturday morning and it was snowing before dawn and continued until almost noon. It was snow squalls, as the coldest air pushed in. Mainly fine crystals and a little sleet even.

We are +6 this month, already had a 90 degree temp, and barely any rain. Not sure what happened to all the rain for this week. Just yesterday it had rain for Mon-Thursday.

Now all the rain is back in the forecast. Thunderstorms today, tomorrow, and Thursday.WPC says 0.50 today. I'm taking it as gospel and will be pissed if I don't get 0.5 or greater today.

Archived