• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

I stand corrected, 2010 quake was near Hampshire.

There was that one and several years before that there was a 4.5 mag. near Ottawa, IL. Those are the only two tremors that I have felt around here. The one last night I didn't even know about until this morning. 

---

Strange to here the talk of LES on the last week of March! 

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to drive in rain and 30s on the way to work (annoying as it slowed me down lol) then once I got to canton bone dry and the temp rose 4 degrees. The dynamic cooling cooling produce some light slushy accumulation in monroe and toledo, though thats already probably melted.

Maybe some snow squalls tomorrow then another shot at a burst of snow sunday.

There was that one and several years before that there was a 4.5 mag. near Ottawa, IL. Those are the only two tremors that I have felt around here. The one last night I didn't even know about until this morning. 

That one was even felt in LAF. 

Haha^

Wouldn't mind feeling a magnitude 6. Beyond that, no thanks.

Just a gray day here - typical chilly March weather. Seems like were still paying for that Morch 3 years ago.

Will be going into April with lake temps in the 30s it looks like.

mswt-00.gif

A 6.0 would probably cause quite a bit of issues in this part of the country, depending on exactly where it happened and the depth.  It's certainly something that can happen though as there are numerous examples going back hundreds/thousands of years (besides the infamous New Madrid quakes about 200 years ago which were more intense). 

Felt a pretty decent quake here back in the late 80s.  Was centered down near Lawrenceville IL.  Pretty freaky experience, especially when you're a kid lol.

Only mid 40s today.  Funny how quickly we get used to temps.  It felt cool today, but if it were this warm 3 weeks ago it would have felt like summer.

I see a F1 in Kankakee County. I have no recollection of that event, for some reason.

Also, that outbreak came two weeks after the big winter storm that dropped a bunch of ice in central IN and other places. Active month that was.

As for today, feels like January with bursts of +mood flakes at times.

I see a F1 in Kankakee County. I have no recollection of that event, for some reason.

Also, that outbreak came two weeks after the big winter storm that dropped a bunch of ice in central IN and other places. Active month that was.

As for today, feels like January with bursts of +mood flakes at times.

Storm Data lists the touchdown as Manteno.

Archived