joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Unfortunately, the timing is not looking great for eastern Iowa.  The storms should pop in western Iowa and peter out somewhat before reaching me late in the night.  Any thunder and brief downpour would be nice, though.

Yep, looking like our classic late-night sloppy seconds from the Plains/Missouri Valley convection.  

Made it to 55 here today with a lot of wind.

Picked up enough of a dusting to solidly coat the lawn and leave a little around for this morning. Definitely a brief spout of high end SN which was nice to see with the winds.

Little clipper tomorrow looks like it could bring a period of heavy snow.

Well right now I'm getting heavy snow with huge flakes. Wind picks up and looks like a winter storm at times. It did this yesterday evening too with tremendous winds. It hasn't done this since early January  :lol: . Haven't had flakes this big all winter.

Well right now I'm getting heavy snow with huge flakes. Wind picks up and looks like a winter storm at times. It did this yesterday evening too with tremendous winds. It hasn't done this since early January  :lol: . Haven't had flakes this big all winter.

The snow looks like someone is taking a leaf blower to a pile of cotton balls

I can't believe you Detroit guys are stealing yet another storm from me lol. If you averaged out all the models the last few days, I was in the jackpot zone for this one, now you guys are going to win down there. I was hoping on adding 3" to my snow total for the season with this one, enjoy it down there though :D

Smoof, just out of curiosity, what are your biggest two or three snowstorms this winter? I had Feb 1st as my biggest with 10" or so, otherwise I had two or three storms between 3 and 4".

01-03-15 5.50" WAA snow from large low, additional snow to come tomorrow morning (0.1" freezing rain also)

01-04-15 2.00" defo snow for a storm total of 7.5" (toledo into ontario perfect low track)

02-02-15 5.00" "GHD BLIZZARD 2.0" for everybody south, just strong wind and pixie dust yesterday into this morning.

*right from my weather log I keep.

I can't believe you Detroit guys are stealing yet another storm from me lol. If you averaged out all the models the last few days, I was in the jackpot zone for this one, now you guys are going to win down there. I was hoping on adding 3" to my snow total for the season with this one, enjoy it down there though :D

I wouldn't congratulate anyone just yet. This one has such huge bust potential. The NMM and ARW now only graze us (as we're missed to the SW), lol.

Ah ... nothing to congratulate yet as this will be totally a now-cast event as it gets going.  Small narrow band that we will not know exact location until the event get going.

So is your seasonal total around 35 or 40"? Just guessing on that one, that's about what we're at.

There's no real data point near me the closest is Saginaw MI which averages 42" so I would say I am around 40-45" average. Saginaw does better with app runners and low's that track over Cleveland or east of there when I only get a dusting, and I don't get much lake effect here. I'm at 35.5" for the season now.

Archived