joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turned out to be a nice day today once the rain moved on and the clouds broke up. Made it solidly into the 50's.

Got this incoming though, sandwiched between two barely-above freezing days...

Friday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 17. North northeast wind 9 to 11 mph.

:axe: 

Could be worse though, tomorrow morning's record low was set just last year...at 11F.

Hopefully we at least get some flakes tomorrow. That would be nice.

The low clouds mixed out here under dry slotting...

Tomorrow does appear to be a little interesting around here.

Sitting on the edge of a precip shield with marginal temp profiles...

day1_psnow_gt_04.gif

I wonder what their thinking is with that little hiccup of 10% probs in North Central IN.

That sounds like a pretty good tremor.

Got a text from a friend in town that felt it. We were out walking at the time but didn't notice anything. Trying to think back to anything subtle...

I remember waking up to one several years ago with some ornamentals rattling against the drywall.

Have they been fracking in the 'burbs?

No fracking here. Local pols were getting edumacated on that several years ago. Best shale fields in southern IL but the sand for their 'trade secret' liquid cocktail might have been sourced a little from the gravel pits in area.

00z NAM shows 0.25 to 0.30" of QPF around michsnowfreak when the sounding's cold enough for snow. 00z RAP shows about 0.30" of QPF when the sounding's cold enough for snow from here and SE.

Nasty cut off though, as both show zilch for the far NW suburbs.

And I will be in Farmington Hills all day. ugh. I will have to have my mom take pics or measure for me lol

oh cool, looks like some LES tonight

we have been cursed since morch

Well there was the death torch from May-July 2012 with several nice severe weather events. There's no way you can complain when you have sunny skies and highs in the low-mid 90s on Memorial Day...

But yeah, otherwise (with a few exceptions), we've been perpetually stuck in a relatively cold/suppressed/NW flow type of pattern...

your obsession with Alek is weird.

He admits in the summer he gets perfect climo, then in winter he has gotten treated to storm after storm the last two years, and still complains about it.  I complained about November's storms missing, and I get told to think about climo.  Perhaps it should be the same with Alek.  I realize these last two winters have been abnormally cold and miserable, but it's been worse here, and I don't think Alek realizes how lucky he's been.  Yes, I have been obsessed with him, but it seems the only way to please his weather weenie is to give him big snowstorms that melt within a few hours lol.

He admits in the summer he gets perfect climo, then in winter he has gotten treated to storm after storm the last two years, and still complains about it.  I complained about November's storms missing, and I get told to think about climo.  Perhaps it should be the same with Alek.  I realize these last two winters have been abnormally cold and miserable, but it's been worse here, and I don't think Alek realizes how lucky he's been.  Yes, I have been obsessed with him, but it seems the only way to please his weather weenie is to give him big snowstorms that melt within a few hours lol.

1.  Alek will always complain

2.  you will never out troll him

Archived