Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

But what will Hoosier do without you? :(

But I think that's a net increase in snow for you, so it has my blessing.

I might be leaving too.  Funny as I think we both came to LAF around the same time and could both be leaving around the same time.  Either way, I'm gonna be separated from my LAF brother.  :(

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be leaving too.  Funny as I think we both came to LAF around the same time and could both be leaving around the same time.  Either way, I'm gonna be separated from my LAF brother.  :(

Wow. Do you know where you may be locating?

Dang! This will be the end of an era.

You've got that right.

Yeah crocuses are almost a mid to late winter flower, even here in the north :lol:

There are still snow piles in parking lots but other than that its just brown grass, salt-stained roads, and the usual debris from a long winter. All of the gravel and garbage that you dont notice when snow is being plowed unfortunately dont melt with the snow lol

We need a good washing rain badly. I'll be happy when the grass starts greening up, it looks pretty bad right now.

This is totally random, but I was checking how much snow is left in the UP, and it seems a little weird to me that Marquettes official weather is in Negaunee. It seems like is way more extreme than even if White Lake was for Detroit. The official snow depth at MQT? 17". Wunderground webcams from Marquette residential areas? Bare ground with some piles.

There was just enough "OOMPH!!!" with the front to produce some sprinkles just a little while ago and dampen everything up.

Didnt see any sprinkles or anything, but not sure if you noticed, the ground has been "damp" all day without any rain or fog. Im sure it has to do with the frost depth starting to melt and rise to the surface, giving the illusion of dampness. Or perhaps it still has something to do with recent snowmelt.

Even if it did sprinkle here, it would just be a T, so DTW has now had 18 consecutive days and counting with no measurable precip. This is the 3rd longest stretch on record for March. If we include all-time longest stretches without measurable precip, its only a tie for 24th longest right now.

DTW has not had measurable non-frozen precipitation since light rain (which did mix with a little snow) produced 0.03" on Jan 18th!

Aww, shoot. But I think we got everything we could out of LAF weather excitement. Snow, tornadoes, heat waves, drought, floods, etc. Weather is gonna suck here for awhile most likely. :lol:

Alas, it'll be like the WWBB days in the future...me in IKK, you in NW IN. Just like when we started/met in this silly hobby. :D

Yeah crocuses are almost a mid to late winter flower, even here in the north :lol:

There are still snow piles in parking lots but other than that its just brown grass, salt-stained roads, and the usual debris from a long winter. All of the gravel and garbage that you dont notice when snow is being plowed unfortunately dont melt with the snow lol

There's still a couple piles across the street from me in the shade hanging on. Lots of them in the big parking lots, seems like the final foot of those piles always takes the longest to go away because of how compacted it is.

We need a good washing rain badly. I'll be happy when the grass starts greening up, it looks pretty bad right now.

Yeah, the grass is really ugly everywhere. Brown and matted. The roads are disgusting too, salt, sand and gravel everywhere.

There was just enough "OOMPH!!!" with the front to produce some sprinkles just a little while ago and dampen everything up.

Yep, I got about 15 minutes of "heavy mist" that was enough to turn the wipers on in the car around 2PM. Quickly moved on though.

Was F'n cold and windy today.  High around here was 22 but went the north shore of the Huron's to do some hiking since I heard right along the coast the snow was not really deep.  Spent about 3 hours hiking and taking pics.  

attachicon.gifIMG_1552.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1551.JPG

Wow, those pictures are really beautiful.

Wednesday could be really windy especially in the Lakes if the models are right.  Solid wind advisory if not areas of warning criteria if the latest runs pan out.

This morning's GFS ensemble mean wasn't too exciting, but the 18z op looks ominous wind-wise across lower MI.

Overall a chilly day today here. NE winds blew in most of the day and held temps around 40°. 46° for a high mid morning. 

Already 31° and dropping.

Picture of Lake Michigan today on the WI side. Water had the two tone look today.

post-7389-0-28923200-1426984992_thumb.jp

Love the picture with the cliffs and lake Bo!

This morning's GFS ensemble mean wasn't too exciting, but the 18z op looks ominous wind-wise across lower MI.

Yeah there's roughly 55-65 kts at the top of the mixed layer.  With dry slot moving in and resulting in sun, that would be interesting.  Let's see if it holds on upcoming runs.

Not quite as bullish on the wind potential around here but could envision gusts around 45 mph at this point.  Problem is that the core of stronger winds aloft tends to pull away during the daylight hours when the best mixing occurs, but there's a window there from mid-late morning when daytime mixing commences.  If this system were to slow down then it could make things more interesting locally.

Aww, shoot. But I think we got everything we could out of LAF weather excitement. Snow, tornadoes, heat waves, drought, floods, etc. Weather is gonna suck here for awhile most likely. :lol:

Alas, it'll be like the WWBB days in the future...me in IKK, you in NW IN. Just like when we started/met in this silly hobby. :D

You guys have been great as moderator and poster on this forum.  Looking forward to you keeping up the good work.  And I am ready for Wed. t storms in my forecast, albeit just a possibility.

Some great pics as of late... Love the contrast of the ice blue lake and wind worn ice pack in the cove.  The two tone Lake Michigan reminds me of around here where the outflow of rivers after a rain will create the same effect on the shoreline of Erie.

Boring meltdown weather seems to be taking a back seat to winter wonderland stuff.  As for here brown grass, patchy shade glaciers and frost in the air sums up our day.

Archived