joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Only" made it to 19F over night IMBY, which is not as bad as I was fearing. Similarly, we outdid the forecasted high of 34 by 4 or 5 degrees which is nice.

Lake Huron stratus had moved in when I woke up around 4:30am, which probably limited the temperature drop somewhat.

Fortunately, it broke up right after sunrise...

After a little morning cold rain (0.06"), a slot of clearing has pushed across Iowa and helped our temp soar into the mid 50s.  We should see 60s the next two days and maybe low 70s Wednesday.  Models are consistently showing a good line of storms developing along the front in Iowa late Wednesday.  Unfortunately, the timing is not looking great for eastern Iowa.  The storms should pop in western Iowa and peter out somewhat before reaching me late in the night.  Any thunder and brief downpour would be nice, though.

Still a little bit of snow in the shaded area of my yard.  That has been there just about a week now...crazy. 

brrrrrr...the tornado winds are blowing hard around here now.  Working on my old crusty van and its cooold with that breeze.  Love me some 10 year old rusty bolts (replacing struts).  Nothing better then a shower of warm sparks from the angle grinder (my method of removal for stubborn bolts).   I've worked on cars now for a long time (i've owned a lot of clunkers in my life) and i still hate it.

Yep, nice video! Looks and feels like mid-winter...but I guess it has been that way ever since about nov 20.

What is your normal high this time of year - near 40?

normal high around 39 and the low 19.  I've had snow on the ground since Halloween when I received 6".  On Nov 11th ( I believe) that was the start of the storm that after 3 days left around 40".  Been a deep cold Winter here but odly enough, below normal in snowfall.... go figure. I 've had my fill I believe! I find myself daydreaming about budding trees,green grass and warm sun.  Still wouldn't change a thing tho.  This is a very special place.  If you can survive Winter here, you can do it almost anywhere!

Archived