joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was in a snowless hole earlier this morning but rates have picked up in southern Granville county over last 15 minutes. About a 1/2 inch so far, 23 degrees. Looks like radar is filling in to the west back towards Burlington/Greensboro so maybe we can get to an inch.. Would love to know what ratios are, has to be pretty high.

We're at about 28 degrees with mix precip in Wilmington. It went from sleet to light snow and now we're getting some ice. Bridges are a mess as well as MLK Blvd had a few accidents, but the roads are generally better than I thought they'd be. Still not great though. It helps that everyone (except for my company...yeeuck) pretty much closed down for the day so there aren't too many drivers out there on the road.

I must say, this was a VERY pleasant surprise in the Upstate considering this was supposed to be a dusting to an inch appetizer.

Got a good two inches at my house in Taylors.

People often talk about the I-85 corridor. Honestly, it's just a good visual for a line to draw in the map. But it often times can be a good gauge for weather.

I live about 3 miles North of I-85. It was throwing down huge flakes of moderate snow when I left the house for work. The roads covered quickly. When I got to Butler Rd, about 2 miles South of I-85...roads were fine and only had a dusting.

Archived