• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monotone
    Newest Member
    Monotone
Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burgertime

Wed Feb 18th Convective Snow Shower Chances

All I can say is OMG!!! That was amazing. Not sure if I have seen rates like that; at least since the 2000 storm. Whiteout for about 15 minutes. Got about an inch.

It must be a little more intense where you are. It is picking up good here now.

You won't be stuck for too long. Roads are melting and the subfreezing temps are barely into GSO. No thunder here

I didn't mean stuck, bad choice of words on my part.  I don't get off until 6pm so I was inside the whole time and was curious if anyone heard thunder.

Fayetteville Rd in Durham

n12tKU1.jpg

(Delurk) my office is on the right beyond the bank. I'm at home a few miles away but if power goes out for some reason I'll have to go back in and shut down servers. (Relurk)

You've worked hard for this, congrats!

Haha, thanks man. It seems to be mostly done now. Got maybe 1"/hr rates at the height. Very nice to see. Ended up with a dusting and a couple of gusts to 20 maybe.

just got in, WOW heaviest snow ive ever seen.  covered the ground in like 15 mins, went from a steady snow to POURING in a few seconds.  awesome!

Congrats to all seeing snow and thundersnow! What a treat. I hear its better than winning the lottery! 4km nam handled this one pretty well imo. More pics!

Guys I hate to post this in the wrong threat but as it seems there are a few Raleigh guys in here. How are the Roads in the area? I have a flight leaving at 5:30 tomorrow morning and I plan on leaving early but I'm a bit worried about how safe the roads are.

Guys I hate to post this in the wrong threat but as it seems there are a few Raleigh guys in here. How are the Roads in the area? I have a flight leaving at 5:30 tomorrow morning and I plan on leaving early but I'm a bit worried about how safe the roads are.

In Durham, where it was definitely heavier, the roads were all wet by 6:00 or so.