joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even it we got 0.5" of QPF that was all freezing rain, not all of that accrues, so 0.25-.3" accrual. Meh...

Which is basically a nice glaze that melts by the afternoon. Not warning criteria, not an actual problem for this area at all. We'll have more problems with puddles refreezing Tuesday night.

We're going to end up with a skinny line of dissipating freezing rain, ending as drizzle here in the Triangle. I really hate Miller Bs. I mean if it's a Miller B or nothing, I'll take it. But it doesn't feel good. At least the precip depiction on the Nam now feels much more realistic. But if you go by my rule and cut the Nam in half, you'll end up with another failed WSW. We'll see.

Why is anyone taking the NAM 2m temps at face value? It's always too warm during any type of CAD/Hybrid CAD/Wedge. Just look at what Larry posted for GA on average for today it was +2 too warm. Also you can never take QPF at face value with the NAM...best to cut it by at least 25%. 

I would normally tend to agree about cutting NAM QPF, but with it being in lock step with the GFS, I'd say it's probably right.

Must you go full retard mode b/f every storm?

Why do I end up being right? It's plain as day that the deformation zone is set up across Kentucky into VA. It's also plain as day that we have, at best, in situ CAD, and no other cold air source. It's also plain as day that the low will be travelling across NC. That's never a track that supports prolonged wintry precip. Tell me which of those things is wrong before you tell me I'm going full retard.

We're going to end up with a skinny line of dissipating freezing rain, ending as drizzle here in the Triangle. I really hate Miller Bs. I mean if it's a Miller B or nothing, I'll take it. But it doesn't feel good. At least the precip depiction on the Nam now feels much more realistic. But if you go by my rule and cut the Nam in half, you'll end up with another failed WSW. We'll see.

agree, trends are obvious.  i highly doubt we see any snow in rdu.  probably sleet to frz rain and it wraps up before sunrise tues.  not being a downer, just being realistic. gawx stats on an event like this with a low tracking like this one will just doesnt support a major nc winter storm. climo wins everytime. and now we know the new gfs still has the nw trend.

Archived