joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude.....it's 125 hrs on the 18z GFS, given the seasonal trend this is a great run. I'm more concerned we end up with rain still.

I dunno. I've mentioned like 3 times now another 'trend' is faster and flatter. Could be the case here.

That said I'd still rather see this than a strong west solution.

Well, it's simple, if this storm is going to happen, then we will see the trend for a bigger storm to hit many areas, but if we get half you know what solutons, chances of this storm happening won't. I keep going back to the indices and who's getting the most snows, especially NAO being positive is the very reason why most of these threats haven't turned out great. So, you have to think how this winter has gone to date. What could end up happening is that we may not get anything the rest of the winter with constant close calls. I hope that's not the case.

Anyway, just some of what I'm thinking about this winter and trying to see why this time we can finally get a real winter storm. I really hope this comes together nicely and we all cash in.. As that line says SHOW ME THE STORM models... Kind of like that movie.

Anyway, I wouldn't put much stock in the 18z or 6z runs.. But yeh, I know some of you will scour these model runs and hope we finally get the storm..

Archived