SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...GFS is impressive right to the coast. Seems a little overdone, but the trends today have been decent. I've been down on this event from the beginning for the shoreline, but things are looking up for a solid 3-5" event.

Sent from my iPhone

Wow...GFS is impressive right to the coast. Seems a little overdone, but the trends today have been decent. I've been down on this event from the beginning for the shoreline, but things are looking up for a solid 3-5" event.

Sent from my iPhone

I can see you pulling off 4-5.  For an area that has a climo of like 28 in.  per year this should all be like gravy to you my friend with us still being in the first half of Feb. 

I'm starting to lean more towards an 8-9 inch snowfall here as much as I would like a 12-14 I just see too many signals with shadowing, poor snow growth etc,.but we'll see.  

I'm only expecting 4"-8" for BDL and my area north of them south of Springfield along the border.

The GEM has not had a good handle on this storm for the last 3 days now.  The GFS has also been out there, but at least consistent for several days now.  I think a blend of the Euro/GFS/UKMET/RGEM is the way to go before we start looking that the short range models like the HRRR going forward.  Interested to see what tonights Euro brings - its been consistently warmer and farther north of the GFS over the last few runs, in relation to where the mixing line locates itself.

More than noise that's a pretty dramatic shift downwards bell to bell. Will see how it plays out...

More important for other areas with less.

You can't win in this place.....either people eat me alive for complaining, or I get called out for not complaining. :lol:

I don't think 1.6" down to 1.2" is a big deal.

Just me.

RGEM cut back similarly outside of max areas

NAM/GFS support Box map, GGEM/RGEM say it needs to be cut back 2/3 except in max band Essex-Suffolk-Norfolk cos

Agreed if this is a real trend here tonight. A lot of those really high totals will need to be slashed aside of the "band" which I still question as we may see this trend colder which would continue to "weaken" the dynamics so to speak

Thats a pretty significant decrease, I dont think thats really noise. Some places in CT had the qpf basically sliced in half... Or just about anyway.

This close to the event.... Thats a pretty big flag to me

I'm just talking about here.

I didn't even look elsewhere.

Look, I already said if you aren't in the band, you're SOL....and people ran the train on me for saying so.

I just don't think this changes much here in ne MA...you're either in it, or not.

I'm just talking about here.

I didn't even look elsewhere.

Look, I already said if you aren't in the band, you're SOL....and people ran the train on me for saying so.

I just don't think this changes much here in ne MA...you're either in it, or not.

Its definitely more dramatic in places like CT.

Its becoming increasingly clear this isn't going to be widespread. How big that band ends up being is the million dollar question.

Archived