• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

I'm up in the air in terms of this event. My friend has rented out the second floor of a bar downtown for a 21st tonight so I will be in the city for at least this evening. I honestly think that Essex sees more than BOS. I think amounts will be closer to two feet than one; especially for our county. I would bet on Monday for your employees too. BOS will do extremely well but I wonder if they are sandwiched in between localized maxes at Blue Hills and toward the north shore? Time will tell. There are VERY impressive signals for a massive coastal enhanced jack.

Thanks for this.  Doesn't seem to be any chance this misses us with less than a foot over three days.  Already snowing lightly here for the past hour or so.  No accumulation yet.  I'm curious about the timing as to when the overruning ends and the coastal begins, and if there will be some sort of break in between to maybe clear roads, etc.  Either way, guess it's time to plan to be stuck indoors for a while.  FYI, you're a Matignon grad too, right?  I was there a month or so ago for a reunion.  Place has changed a lot. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Pickles and Zeus are thinking bust?

What are you, Tollandian or something? Puttin' words in my moof. Won't have it! Ain't respectful!

I didn't say anything about a bust. I questioned you saying "and people were dogging [Jerry's] MEX numbers" because it implies that dogging the 20+" totals they were showing is somehow already deemed inaccurate.

All I'm saying is let it fall and get measured first.

I think a long duration 8-14 for BOS is doable. 14-20 seems high to me. But hey, I'm happy to eat crow if I end up nestled in The Favoured Lands.

fwiw, CT station MEX snow numbers for tonight, tomorrow, and Monday:

BDL: 4, 8, 8

BDR: 1, 2, 4

DXR: 1, 4, 6

GON: 1, 1, 4

HFD: 2, 6, 8

HVN: 1, 2, 4

IJD: 2, 6, 8

MMK: 2, 4, 6

OXC: 1, 4, 6

And for reference: 1 = T-2"

2 = 2-4"

3 = 4-6"

4 = 6-8"

5 = 8"+

Could you tell me where you get these numbers from?

Amounts to throw out preliminary call for posters here:

PWM area: 16-20

LWM to BED to BVY: 18-25

BOS area inside 128: 14-20

PVD to ginxy: 12-16

BDL to Kevin: 10-16

Mpm: 16-24

Lower Connecticut: 6-12

My final call is for a general 1-2' inside of rt 495, with perhaps up to a 3' lolli within that KBEV-Salem-Peabody-Danvers triad.

Amounts to throw out preliminary call for posters here:

PWM area: 16-20

LWM to BED to BVY: 18-25

BOS area inside 128: 14-20

PVD to ginxy: 12-16

BDL to Kevin: 10-16

Mpm: 16-24

Lower Connecticut: 6-12

Jerry, if I'm within 4" of that high end, I'm buying you a drink at the next GTG.

AQW MEX  is 6,8,8, and ORE is 2,8,8

Thanks for this.  Doesn't seem to be any chance this misses us with less than a foot over three days.  Already snowing lightly here for the past hour or so.  No accumulation yet.  I'm curious about the timing as to when the overruning ends and the coastal begins, and if there will be some sort of break in between to maybe clear roads, etc.  Either way, guess it's time to plan to be stuck indoors for a while.  FYI, you're a Matignon grad too, right?  I was there a month or so ago for a reunion.  Place has changed a lot. 

Yes! Didn't know you went to MHS! Not the sports mecca it used to be... But they are trying to improve athletics again. When I went there 2007-2010 it was a disaster. I had to go to prep school and do a PG year to be recruited. What year did you grad? Oh.. and where in Andover are you approximately? I'm in Royal Crest at the intersection of 114 and 125; don't live on campus.

Jay I think Boston is very close to being in the cross hairs. If this goes a tick SE then they will be. Right now cstl Essex county seems like ground zero, but Beantown will do well.

Agree. I went with the broadbrush of your area to essex because of that. One band could go bonkers in a localized area, don't really know where. The thermal gradient of the CF is really impressive on modeling during this event at points...

The Euro and GGEM give me pause to go all in for TAN.  Coastal never really gets going and we are left with a cruddy airmass and cruddy snow growth from what I've seen.  GFS/NAM/RGEM all looked great.  No idea what the Ukie showed for the area.  All models show a ridiculous cutoff in SE MA along the Bristol/Plymouth county lines.    

Yes! Didn't know you went to MHS! Not the sports mecca it used to be... But they are trying to improve athletics again. When I went there 2007-2010 it was a disaster. I had to go to prep school and do a PG year to be recruited. What year did you grad? Oh.. and where in Andover are you approximately? I'm in Royal Crest at the intersection of 114 and 125; don't live on campus.

Sorry for the OT folks.  Went to MHS before things fell apart, graduated in '98, so I'm a bit older than you.  I actually transferred in as a junior because I was recruited to play baseball there.  I'm at Andover Country club, basically in the corner where Rt 28, 133 and 495 come together.  Been absolutely pounded by the last two storms here.  My office is on 114 in North Andover, across from Stop 'n Shop. 

Jay I think Boston is very close to being in the cross hairs. If this goes a tick SE then they will be. Right now cstl Essex county seems like ground zero, but Beantown will do well.

I can't get my mind around a system like this producing these totals. Then there is 1969 and I think there are synoptic similarities?

The Euro and GGEM give me pause to go all in for TAN.  Coastal never really gets going and we are left with a cruddy airmass and cruddy snow growth from what I've seen.  GFS/NAM/RGEM all looked great.  No idea what the Ukie showed for the area.  All models show a ridiculous cutoff in SE MA along the Bristol/Plymouth county lines.    

2 feet already fell for Bos metro and S and N shores, no?

I can't get my mind around a system like this producing these totals. Then there is 1969 and I think there are synoptic similarities?

I would have to look back, but the Synoptics were different I think. I'm on phone now. It's really longevity with this one. My gut says anyone near stalled CF is getting 2'+ cumulative. If I had to put a line, it's 10 miles either side of Newburyport-Stoneham- Dedham.

Ray I think you will do well.

Archived