• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

Jay, you at Merrimack for this event, or back in the city?  Between my house (2 miles NNE of the 93/495 intersection) and my office in North Andover, it seems like every other post is talking about another 2 feet plus here.   Getting a bit ridiculous.  Thinking about calling my employees and telling them to plan to be off Monday, because I'm betting kids will be out of school at least Monday, and probably Tuesday.  That'll make 8 snow days in two weeks.  Unbelievable. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay, you at Merrimack for this event, or back in the city?  Between my house (2 miles NNE of the 93/495 intersection) and my office in North Andover, it seems like every other post is talking about another 2 feet plus here.   Getting a bit ridiculous.  Thinking about calling my employees and telling them to plan to be off Monday, because I'm betting kids will be out of school at least Monday, and probably Tuesday.  That'll make 8 snow days in two weeks.  Unbelievable. 

I'm up in the air in terms of this event. My friend has rented out the second floor of a bar downtown for a 21st tonight so I will be in the city for at least this evening. I honestly think that Essex sees more than BOS. I think amounts will be closer to two feet than one; especially for our county. I would bet on Monday for your employees too. BOS will do extremely well but I wonder if they are sandwiched in between localized maxes at Blue Hills and toward the north shore? Time will tell. There are VERY impressive signals for a massive coastal enhanced jack.

This is a Ray special. KGAY frontal.

I jackpottted him in the contest(which all of you should enter! http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45639-long-duration-overrunningcoastal-forecast-contest/?p=3352915#entry3352915),

Pretty clear signal on the models for a nice local max just to the NW of the CF which sets up along 128 or over BOS. Wouldn't be shocked to see a 2' spot there...

fwiw, CT station GFS MEX snow numbers for tonight, tomorrow, and Monday:

BDL: 4, 8, 8

BDR: 1, 2, 4

DXR: 1, 4, 6

GON: 1, 1, 4

HFD: 2, 6, 8

HVN: 1, 2, 4

IJD:   2, 6, 8

MMK: 2, 4, 6

OXC: 1, 4, 6

And for reference:   1 = T-2"

2 = 2-4"