amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2-1-15 to 2-2-15 Snow and Mix to Snow Storm

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it is a tick north but not much really. QPF for some reason lessened over CT on this run (not concerned with at all) but the warning snows extend north into southern VT and NH. This run verbatim is all snow over CT and much of SNE with the exception of the islands.

Very impressive cold, I would take this run verbatim any day. Surface temps are in the single digits and low teens throughout 850s in the negative double digits throughout as well as 925 temps.

Well see what tomorrow brings

Yeah it is a tick north but not much really. QPF for some reason lessened over CT on this run (not concerned with at all) but the warning snows extend north into southern VT and NH. This run verbatim is all snow over CT and much of SNE with the exception of the islands.

Very impressive cold, I would take this run verbatim any day. Surface temps are in the single digits and low teens throughout 850s in the negative double digits throughout as well as 925 temps.

Well see what tomorrow brings

I wonder how snow growth would be with temps that cold over the area? I remember last year with those frigid temps, we had a lot of sand/sugar. Hope this isn't like that?

Can't post paid maps but its 11.7" verbatim for you on the WXBell snow maps. 10-14" for most of SE MA and RI. 7-9" for CT and central and western MA. This is using a straight 10:1 which will be a bit too low for most on this event.

You can post them, The wxbell maps are all over social media

You can post them, The wxbell maps are all over social media

Oh, im just going by what Will said once and also the weatherbell site says this:

Note: Any maps, images or charts from ECMWF (License) may never be posted or re-distributed

Just figured it was better to be safe, but I don't know seems kind of a gray area.

Lock it in. Pretty pumped here in Westerly, but can't say I'm not worried about at least a brief change to some pingers that would hold accumulations down a bit. I think 6-12" as many have said is a good bet for most of the south coast. Once you get inland (BDL-PVD-BOS) I could see more on the order of 8-14" but really not a huge difference. Hope everyone can cash in on this!

Archived