Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2-1-15 to 2-2-15 Snow and Mix to Snow Storm

Clinch Leatherwood

Honorary met tag in order?

I think the danger is this trending south not north that high means business

Seems like we've settled on an 8-12..lolli 15 type of storm pike south with 4-8 north

Yes..when you say half of precip is sleet to HVN..That is false. If rates are heavy..0c is isothermal

As the NAM shifts south..so does that

I like 8-12 Statewide with a few towns in the 14-15 range across N 1/3

GFS is a torch aloft to ORH and BOS  lol..What dung

I said ride Euro

This really is not your typical swfe..The system does "redevelop" to some degree of the Delmarva..which why you can't just "assume" this is going to perform like any other swfe. Maybe it will, but we're seeing enough cold and redeveloper solutions to think that's probably not the case

Gfs just seems lost based on everything else

Euro has it in the single digits and snowing interior Sne

We pile it high and deep

Nam/ srefs are one in same. My guess sleet gets up to BDR over to pym but no more than that. And that's after 4-8

As BOX said..it's GFS vs the world getting sleet to ORH-BOS..so if you want to put yourself in that lonely hot air balloon..feel free... With everything else keeping it right along south coast..I know what balloon I'm in

I don't know why it would be. Maybe you're right and it sleets/zr to ORh/BOS line..but my guess is it stays south coast and even then only for a few hours

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expect 12-16 inches for most of southern and central New England, except 6-12 in southeast MA with mixing and phase change briefly to rain. 8-12 for northern New England. Max wind gusts 55-60 mph near Atlantic and 35-45 mph inland. Severe blowing and drifting given the snow pack and low temps. Max temp may make 45 F in ACK and 37 F just south of BOS, 32 F at BOS where snow may briefly mix with freezing rain at height of storm. Heaviest snows once again ORH to Tolland.

(phase of moon = N Max the best for severe storm development)

near-blizzard conditions, would consider a blizzard warning for e MA, ne CT and n RI, s NH and coastal ME.

This was not a terribke forecast, Roger.

Archived