• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2-1-15 to 2-2-15 Snow and Mix to Snow Storm

Clinch Leatherwood

Can someone fill me in on the time line for when flakes start falling and when heaviest snows start in my neck of the woods? Fiancé has to travel for work and concerned with how the roads will look come 8am.

It will snowing heavily at 8am!  Probably around 4 inches at around that time with accumulating snow beginning before 3am.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just getting home from SB party. Seems trends R our friends? S Cst thoughts for totals?

What part of Fall River are you in?  Even the south end looks good for at least 4...most likely a solid 5 or 6 for Fall River from south to north.  The trends weren't all that great for us tonight but a wee bit better.. the relentless north trend seems to have ceased.  Even a 20 mile SE tick is better for snowpack preservation because 34 and rain and or dry slot is better than 38!

What part of Fall River are you in? Even the south end looks good for at least 4...most likely a solid 5 or 6 for Fall River from south to north. The trends weren't all that great for us tonight but a wee bit better.. the relentless north trend seems to have ceased. Even a 20 mile SE tick is better for snowpack preservation because 34 and rain and or dry slot is better than 38!

Ok. Seemed discussion was somewhat better but I'll take what I can get I guess.

In New York so don't post here much, but a patriots fan, so I know this is off topic, but GOOOO PATRIOTS!  Hope snowstorm is great as well for you all.  Hoping here for more snow than ice, but I will take a snowstorm and a snow day the day after the Patriots win the Super Bowl and most likely the groundhog will not see his shadow so 6 more weeks of winter!   :clap:

Streets in mby are choked with snow. Gonna be impossible to get around.

You know what to do - shovel it and pile it high. If your lower back blew a gasket - You know who to call: Jeb!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to get that snow cleared. You got another 12 to 18 inches on the way overnight into Monday.

You know what they say: Pay now, or pay later ;)

Or as my late grandfather who used to live in Chicago used to say: Stop Bitchin' and start Pitchin'!

I realize you are getting older, but no one's makin' you live up in New England, Jerry. Best get crackin' and start stackin' that snow, or else clear out and live in a gentler clime. You got 3 months of winter left and this pattern is not going to let up until late July this year. Best get that snow cleared tonight before that road gets totally impassible.

Alternatively, maybe you should consider moving to a nicer, more forgiving place, like Washington DC. We got real, true culture down here. It's not so extreme, much easier on an old man's bones, and we have REAL spring in May, not ongoing blizzards lmao.

You're a New Englander! Represent, show some PRIDE! Get that snow cleared! Borrow someone's snow blower if you have to, or grab a Jebman shovel and start diggin! Don't let those youngsters on your street show you up! Shovel snow like The Jebman!

Don't make me have to come up there Jerry and show you how to shovel your own walkway! Get out there and do it!

Dover nexrad is fascinating.  It is showing a squall line moving nearly perpendicular to the other precip elements.  Can anyone explain what is going on there?

That's the cold front moving east, but the flow in the mid levels is more SW so it causes almost an overrunning scenario. That can happen as the cold fronts race east at the surface, but then slope up and to the west as you move aloft.

If I had to pick an "overall winner" I'd say the Euro wins it.  All of models had problems.  The GFS was way too warm with the 850 warmth surging into NH along with the RGEM.  The Euro was too cold and over corrected in the last day of runs.  The GGEM I guess you could give a nod to as well given how it's playing out now with the backlash snows.

Big difference at 18z tomorrow at 925mb and 850mb between GFS and NAM for Boston.  NAM has -6°C and GFS 0°C at 925mb and NAM has -4°C and GFS 1°C at 850.  Be interesting to see how each verifies.

It looks like the NAM won that one on the thermal profiles.  GFS too warm.  GFS had OWD 850 at 2°.  The NAM just initialized the 18z and shows the 850 -3°C line through Boston.

5.8 inches here as of 5:15pm as the back end picked things up a bit again. All in all this brings us within the forecast range but closer to the lower end. The depth is in the neighborhood of a foot so it is deep winter here to be sure.

Archived