amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2-1-15 to 2-2-15 Snow and Mix to Snow Storm

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expect 12-16 inches for most of southern and central New England, except 6-12 in southeast MA with mixing and phase change briefly to rain. 8-12 for northern New England. Max wind gusts 55-60 mph near Atlantic and 35-45 mph inland. Severe blowing and drifting given the snow pack and low temps. Max temp may make 45 F in ACK and 37 F just south of BOS, 32 F at BOS where snow may briefly mix with freezing rain at height of storm. Heaviest snows once again ORH to Tolland.

(phase of moon = N Max the best for severe storm development)

near-blizzard conditions, would consider a blizzard warning for e MA, ne CT and n RI, s NH and coastal ME.

Expect 12-16 inches for most of southern and central New England, except 6-12 in southeast MA with mixing and phase change briefly to rain. 8-12 for northern New England. Max wind gusts 55-60 mph near Atlantic and 35-45 mph inland. Severe blowing and drifting given the snow pack and low temps. Max temp may make 45 F in ACK and 37 F just south of BOS, 32 F at BOS where snow may briefly mix with freezing rain at height of storm. Heaviest snows once again ORH to Tolland.

near-blizzard conditions, would consider a blizzard warning for e MA, ne CT and n RI, s NH and coastal ME.

Temps will be nowhere near 37F just south of Boston, nor 32F at Boston.  Please site evidence.

Easy there, killah

:/

I'd be shocked if the ECMWF doesn't tick north, that's not so important tonight considering the overwhelming model support on a N trend. What's more important are the 12Z runs tomorrow.

Its a hair slower then 0z and looks like it will tic north, That i can see early on, Would not be surprised if the models tic back south at 12z

Archived