• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 1st/2nd Threat - Banter Thread

terpsnation

All lies. When the models start teasing with the leftover ss vort and the ns vort diving down and interacting next week, every single one of you will be back on the horse and thinking about digital snow. Staying up late. Looking at every model there is. It will all end the same but this game is a life sentence. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I am longing for a week of 55-60. This s**t sucks.

It does suck. Spring has been in session in the Southern Plains for at least a week. I yearn for a huge heat ridge smack over Virginia with highs in the 70s and lows around 60, with 60 degree dewpoints more reminiscent of late June. I want bugs. I want to enjoy picnics with 55 barrels of KFC chicken with swarms of flies all over the place. I dont know why I dont move to Jamaica or Bermuda or Bora Bora or Palau. Warm weather is better than 32 degree cold rain. I want buzzing mosquitoes. I am tired of cold, rain and I am sick to death of this so-called winter. We need a semi permanent trough over the middle of the US with south winds over the East Coast region. My 60 foot elevation will take care of the rest - Instant June in Virginia, in late Jan/early Feb. We need this massive anticyclone over the Atlantic Ocean too, that'll lock in a  downright HUMID subtropical flow over my backyard through April. I crave hazy skies, not even able to see the cumulus clouds. I want August skies. I want late June conditions with a major heat wave. 

Anything but this freezing cold/then rain/ then freezing cold/ then more torrential rain with NO icing/then subzero cold/then even MORE fruckin rain/then record cold/then record breaking amounts of RAIN at 32.2 degrees with NO ice/then more frigid cold.

I want summer.

All lies. When the models start teasing with the leftover ss vort and the ns vort diving down and interacting next week, every single one of you will be back on the horse and thinking about digital snow. Staying up late. Looking at every model there is. It will all end the same but this game is a life sentence. 

There ARE a couple things I DO like better than snow.....one is content marketing and curation. This hobby IS a life sentence but this year the pattern is off for us - this IS a great time to have other hobbies lol

There ARE a couple things I DO like better than snow.....one is content marketing and curation. This hobby IS a life sentence but this year the pattern is off for us - this IS a great time to have other hobbies lol

I rarely break character and admit it but I do root for warmth at times in the winter. I'm an avid disc golfer. Don't enjoy playing below 40 unless it's dead calm.

I'm so used to having snow not work out that it rolls right off. I enjoy the chase. It does pay off every once in a while. It's not like we live in Tallahassee.

You're absolutely right, to be honest!  For good or bad, that's almost certainly what will happen.  As soon as (or if?) a somewhat legitimate threat appears, we'll hop right back on.  It's what we do!  It's like Groundhog Day, like I mentioned before...repeat the same thing over and over, until we can get it correct!  Or the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over, anticipating a different outcome.

I rarely break character and admit it but I do root for warmth at times in the winter. I'm an avid disc golfer. Don't enjoy playing below 40 unless it's dead calm.

I'm so used to having snow not work out that it rolls right off. I enjoy the chase. It does pay off every once in a while. It's not like we live in Tallahassee.

That's pretty cool.  Myself, I'm not much of a warmth lover in the winter, unless you know it's transient and there's some really good stuff after.  Then a torch at some point isn't too bad with that knowledge.

I play softball on an alumni league, and they start the season around mid-April.  By then, of course, I do not want cold.  Nothing worse than playing a game in light drizzle and low 40s, when it's not bad enough to postpone.  As you know, we get that somewhat often here at that time of year!  Hitting the ball in those conditions literally stings like a mo-fo.  In the many years I've played in that league, the first game of the season has been like that on at least a few occasions.

moment of truth

18z gfs was close. I'm in it to fail it.

most depressed ive been about winter since March 2001

Wait, are you the guy that had the funniest post I've seen on this board? I don't think it was meant to be funny, but man was it. Are you the guy that had to go to the psychiatrist because you were so bummed out from that nasty bust. They thought you were depressed because your parents were separated, but it really was because of the bust. The seriousness of your story cracked me up.

I'm pretty much ready for spring, but I suspect we might get 1 or 2 more opportunities to get some white on the ground in February, and I'm only buying what the models are selling if it's in the form of a clipper. 

Come March I'll be hunting for another March 1993 type gulf of mexico triple phased bomb, in futility.  I realize it's 1-100, perhaps even 1-1000 chance I will see something similar in my lifetime that takes a track favorable for all or mostly snow for DC, but every time the models hint at something similar I hope it works out.

Been tracking for 20+ years, and I've seen models bust 1,000s of times, but about once every 7 years it all pays off.

That's the sickness.

Wait, are you the guy that had the funniest post I've seen on this board? I don't think it was meant to be funny, but man was it. Are you the guy that had to go to the psychiatrist because you were so bummed out from that nasty bust. They thought you were depressed because your parents were separated, but it really was because of the bust? The seriousness of your story cracked me up.

No, that's my man Hi-Z.

Archived