Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 1st/2nd Threat - Banter Thread

terpsnation

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're being unfairly harassed. I sure wouldn't worry about it. The people giving you a hard time have their own faults and aren't exactly the best posters either.

I'm not too worried about it, at first it's kind of discomforting, but I just realize it's an anonymous forum and people get can get pretty rude on anonymous forums. I sure wouldn't call a stranger socially retarded in person.

I'm not too worried about it, at first it's kind of discomforting, but I just realize it's an anonymous forum and people get can get pretty rude on anonymous forums. I sure wouldn't call a stranger socially retarded in person.

I think it's partly a lot of frustration on everyone's part due to the God-awful model runs since 00Z last night.

ETA:  I will add, however, that it's very annoying (particularly in the model or medium/long range threads) to see drive-by "The GFS is a crappy model!" or "winter's over!" or other such useless comments when things go wrong.  Some things are said in snark I'm sure, but others are not; sometimes you can tell the difference between the two (snark vs. not).  While I may feel tempted to say the same things in anger when something like last night's model runs occurs (and believe me, I have, LOL!!), I try to keep that to myself and temper the "disappointed" comments on here. (Besides, the GFS is not a crappy model, though it may well show us a solution that sucks for us obviously.)

Wow.   Mr. Chill drops his first ignore axe.  Now that's sayin' something.

Btw, welcome to the club...

The thing is, this is a public forum for all to read and post in but there's at least some modicum of poster responsibility to add at least some value on a semi-regular basis. Value can be in the form of analysis, humor, drama or any type of entertainment that readers enjoy. Doesn't have to be every post but at least some good stuff mixed in. Maybe I don't understand PG's posting style or I read things wrong. I personally find them annoying to the point that I don't want to see them anymore. Plus, when you make a bet you have to man up to it no matter how difficult it may be to do. Especially in front of an audience. 

The thing is, this is a public forum for all to read and post in but there's at least some modicum of poster responsibility to add at least some value on a semi-regular basis. Value can be in the form of analysis, humor, drama or any type of entertainment that readers enjoy. Doesn't have to be every post but at least some good stuff mixed in. Maybe I don't understand PG's posting style or I read things wrong. I personally find them annoying to the point that I don't want to see them anymore. Plus, when you make a bet you have to man up to it no matter how difficult it may be to do. Especially in front of an audience. 

It's sad if this is why so many of you are getting on him.

I took you off ignore to read this post...agree!!

Archived