Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The meso continue to not want any part of that overall extent.  HRRR coming in now but they also seem to be pretty clueless to current conditions.

KBOX probably needs to update totals towards the canal and upper cape, James FTW.

Also some potential thunder with this next batch?

I hope so.  Haven't seen anyone mentioning this..making me nervous 

What's your take?  Do you buy the Euro widespread 3+ feet overnight?

Widespread 3+ feet?

I assume you meant 2+ feet...

We're in the 2nd quarter and our maps are somewhat deflated, but I actually am feeling pretty good that the rest of this game will go our way.

We are already seeing some coastal front enhancement in that North shore band.

I'm a little nervous that current radar is very similar to 0zRGEM depiction for 6z-9z, and Boston metro sits in between the best bands.

RAP shifts that relative screw zone out to 495.

HRRR has a less pronounced screw zone.

I think once we consolidate around the eastern-extension of the low, things get cranking Tuesday AM and eastern MA does well. And maybe Euro is not progressively trending, rather it made a jump now that it focuses on a more eastern low, so the broad 2.1-2.5" qpf is correct.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT;S COMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Upton radar shows death band actually slowing and  building back east in CT , You can see that area about 20 miles SE of Meridian start to light up into darker greens up over to Willimantic .....this band is gonna CRUSH BLIZZY

It looks like has parked about as far west on L.I as It may go and You can see it sort of stop and then build East a bit as all this moisture just slams into . I could see this band filling in well into ECT next hour

Upton radar shows death band actually slowing and  building back east in CT , You can see that area about 20 miles SE of Meridian start to light up into darker greens up over to Willimantic .....this band is gonna CRUSH BLIZZY

I might just be able to get into it.  Now have to see how the storm progresses and whether or not we see a favorable progression to give the band a boost west or so.  

Archived